Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for AMEX Green. Advice ?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Declined for AMEX Green. Advice ?

Hmm idk. Does Amex really only require 6 mos of aaoa?

I spent several years building credit to get my Amex BCE.

Best of luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 14
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Well for charge cards it does. I was approved for Zync NPSL with 6 months and yesterday a member was approved for Green with 6 months. For revolver I do not think so.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 12 of 14
alboto
Regular Contributor

Whats the minimun time for a revolver (BCE) ???
Message 13 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hmm idk. Does Amex really only require 6 mos of aaoa?

I spent several years building credit to get my Amex BCE.

Best of luck!

Depends on product, I don't think I've seen anyone be approved for a revolver with less than a year of history here anecdotally.  

Also it's on one's oldest tradeline (perhaps only revolving), not necessarily AAoA in this case.

To the OP: make certain you apply at or before the middle of December, don't wait till the end of the year as some people reported difficulty getting the '11 member date last year when they made an application in the waning days of 2011.

        
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.