cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for Citi CLI based on incorrect info... getting nowhere!

tag
isuspectnargles
Valued Member

Declined for Citi CLI based on incorrect info... getting nowhere!

Each time I've requested a SP Citi CLI, I get a decline letter that states "one or more of your accounts with us was past due within the last 12 months."

This is EMPHATICALLY NOT TRUE!!!! I only have one Citi card and summer 2012 was my last (non-reported, just a few days) late payment - nearly 24 months ago.

I've called CS multiple times and had everything from an offsite rep resubmitting the request for me over the phone (same friggin' result) to a US-based rep telling me if I didn't agree with something in my credit report to contact the CRA. Smiley Mad

I've tried to find the executive information but even with a google site search of myFICO forums I can only find one thread that's just full of "PM me the info" requests.

I've been a customer since 2008 and while my history hasn't been spotless I've never had any 30 days pd payments, and in the last year have made large payments and brought the balance down a lot.

Any ideas on how to escalate?

FICO 646EX 649EQ 630TU | Walmart 677TU | CreditKarma 641TU | Quizzle VantageScore 680 | Current Goal 700

NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $9k | Capital One Plat $2.85k | Citi $2.8k | CareCredit $2.7k | Capital One QS1 $2.6k | Walmart $2k | Chase Amazon Rewards $1k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Declined for Citi CLI based on incorrect info... getting nowhere!

Message 2 of 6
blondy250
Established Contributor

That's a canned response from Citibank , they just as we'll can deny you for a 24 or 36 month late, they just didn't have that canned response.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 3 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Consistently carrying a large balance on their card may also be detering them from a CLI - that, and the "late."  Unforunate, but true.  You can keep trying the backdoor number, let more time pass and try again, or just stop using them overall.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
isuspectnargles
Valued Member

@blondy250 wrote:
That's a canned response from Citibank , they just as we'll can deny you for a 24 or 36 month late, they just didn't have that canned response.

Ah, I see. Shoot. Well, the only number I found for EO no longer works - "You have reached a non-working number at Citi" - so I might give up the fight. This has always been my best card prior to getting approved for the NFCU. I will let more time pass and try again in a year or so.

FICO 646EX 649EQ 630TU | Walmart 677TU | CreditKarma 641TU | Quizzle VantageScore 680 | Current Goal 700

NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $9k | Capital One Plat $2.85k | Citi $2.8k | CareCredit $2.7k | Capital One QS1 $2.6k | Walmart $2k | Chase Amazon Rewards $1k
Message 5 of 6
isuspectnargles
Valued Member

@clocktick wrote:

Consistently carrying a large balance on their card may also be detering them from a CLI - that, and the "late."  Unforunate, but true.  You can keep trying the backdoor number, let more time pass and try again, or just stop using them overall.

Ooh, yeah. That could be it. I have a great APR on this one so I've carried a balance for a long time. I usually pay it off or close around tax time and then build the balance up again throughout the year. We are currently snowballing and it will finish off this card in November of this year. After that I'll probably use it for PayPal and let it be PIF each month. Maybe in a year or so they will give me another shot.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.