Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for Target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined for Target

I applied for a Target card and was declined.  I had an account with them in 1996 that was charged off.  It was not turned over to a collection agency and I made payment arrangements with them and paid them off.  Does this mean I have been "black listed".  Will I ever be able to open up another account with them?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined for Target

I was declined for a co with them in 2001, tried to recon but received a firm NO - I think we've been blacklisted.

ETA:  not sure how long blacklisted for, your co was further in the past than mine.  My balance was less than a hundred, paid before being sent to ca, and I haven't found a trace of the account on any credit reports, even ones dating back to 05.

At least I didn't take an inquiry hit for this denial, did you?

Message Edited by WishIKnewThen on 09-01-2008 10:46 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined for Target

I have a CC with Target (started out as just a store card, later upgraded to a Visa.) The first time I applied, I was also turned down. I just continued filling them out every couple of weeks (I worked there at the time), until I was approved. I think I was only approved, though because I'd just opened up a Capital One account, which made my util ratio appear larger.

A little advice: a Target CC is nothing worth stressing over. Their interest rates aren't the best, and they're pretty stingy with CLI (or maybe thats just with me, lol.)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.