Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for discover!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined for discover!

Applied online. Got the 30 day msg. Called backdoor # after 3 days. CSR said she just wanted to verify info. I had a short sale just over a yr ago and i think that was the killer. She said " keep doin what your doin. We just want to see some more credit reestablishment" Also my scores are not great. TU= 662, EX 638, EQ 647

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined for discover!

Don't give up!   Keep gardening, then try again after improved your score and CR.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be a dumb question but, what is a "short sell" you had just over a year ago.

Sorry for the decline, as the previous poster said keep on gardening and try again once you've improved your CR and scores a little.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hang in there - they will come around for you!

Let the garden grow so to speak...

Ray

Message 4 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This may be a dumb question but, what is a "short sell" you had just over a year ago.

Sorry for the decline, as the previous poster said keep on gardening and try again once you've improved your CR and scores a little.

No question is a dumb question in these forums.  A short sale is a way for one to avoid foreclosure.   But it does major damage to one's credit score. 

Message 5 of 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

With your banks approval, you can sell your home for less than you owe.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
mtva24
Valued Member

A short sale is when you owe more on your house than what it's worth.  You simply sell your house and then strike an agreement with the bank for the difference.  It does have credit implications

As of 2/13/2012: Experian - 633; Equifax - 616; Transunion - 644 FAKOs
First Premier Gold - $350; First Premier Platinum - $400
Orchad Bank - $200 (Secured)
Crap One - $500
Navy FCU - $5,000
Wells Fargo Mortgage (w. Wife $150,000 bal) & Auto ($12,000 bal)

Credit Keeper FAKOs
Experian - 633
Equifax - 616
Transunion - 644

Using 81% of my limits (Thanks NavyFCU!)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.