Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined with HSBC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined with HSBC

Hmmm.

I applied and was approved not that long ago.  My first card with them.  It does state somewhere that I am not able to apply for additional cards at this time.  I don't know if it has to do with credit scores or if it has to do with them giving out multiple cards and having multiple bad accounts with those cards.  It does make you wonder.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC-
They changed their rules in early 07- (even though website were not consistent until recently)

They will allow 1 card unless an invitation to apply for another one is sent from them.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmmm.
I applied and was approved not that long ago. My first card with them. It does state somewhere that I am not able to apply for additional cards at this time. I don't know if it has to do with credit scores or if it has to do with them giving out multiple cards and having multiple bad accounts with those cards. It does make you wonder.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2% was invite only in March of 07, my other two, both later this year were cold apps online.
Message 13 of 16
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Does this refer to straight HSBC cards?  I have two of their acquired cards, Direct Merchants for 7 years and Household for 2 years.  Last month I submitted an online app for an HSBC cash or fly MC and was instantly approved. 

Again, goes to show that you never know until you try?

Timothy wrote:
HSBC-
They changed their rules in early 07- (even though website were not consistent until recently)

They will allow 1 card unless an invitation to apply for another one is sent from them.

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 14 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I have a Direct Merchants Discover and a HSBC Platinum Mastercard. I am hoping to get their AMEX card when it becomes non-invite only.
Here we go again...
Message 15 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
I have a Direct Merchants Discover and a HSBC Platinum Mastercard. I am hoping to get their AMEX card when it becomes non-invite only.

Hey, I've sort of lost track of what you have so far, but once you're able to slow up and groom the cards you've got, you might become an invitee.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.