Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definitely do not hate Cap 1 now!!!!!

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Definitely do not hate Cap 1 now!!!!!

So, after a love hate relationship with capital one:

The Love: they approved me for my first 3 cards but with low limits. They gave me a CLI from 500 to 2000 after a call to the EO.

The Hate: They refused to combine the limits on my 3 cards, so I closed two of them.

THE NEW LOVE: Just apped for VentureOne Rewards card (the gold one). It popped up on the screen, APPROVED with a $5000 limit.  BTW they gave me my credit score with Equifax:676. So excited, maybe they will offer CLI's on this card. Aren't they supposed to be good at showing some love with their "excellent" credit tier cards.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Definitely do not hate Cap 1 now!!!!!

wooooohoooo we have a winner congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on the new CLI!

Thought you were going to slow down on the inq's Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 15
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I'll admit: I have no self control LOL

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 15
eviLution
Established Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

THE NEW LOVE: Just apped for VentureOne Rewards card (the gold one). It popped up on the screen, APPROVED with a $5000 limit.  BTW they gave me my credit score with Equifax:676. So excited, maybe they will offer CLI's on this card. Aren't they supposed to be good at showing some love with their "excellent" credit tier cards.

what do you mean by it popped up on the screen? O.o

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 15
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

I filled in all the info, clicked submit, after about a minute of processing, the next screen popped up CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE APPROVED.

Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ilovelisa wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I'll admit: I have no self control LOL

Shaking my head! 

Message 7 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

I thought it was a slot machine Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 15
eviLution
Established Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

I filled in all the info, clicked submit, after about a minute of processing, the next screen popped up CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE APPROVED.

Ohhhh, I thought some sort of preapproval popped up and you couldn't resist. lol

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 9 of 15
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations dude, so did they hit all three bureaus or just the one? Is it possible for you to find out?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.