cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definitely pleased, Citi takes the lead!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Definitely pleased, Citi takes the lead!!!

Wow! Not that is certainly a "wow" factor with a CC. I have yet to find a suitable Citi card for me, but given the way they handle price-matching, I might consider looking harder in the near future. Truly an awesome feature since electronics go up and down in prices quite often.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

Message 11 of 25
core
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Does it work for any purchase? As in does it have to be bought at say Best Buy, or will a 3rd party Amazon Marketplace vendor count?

I'm interested in the Amazon Marketplace question too... Do they TRACK those prices as well? 

Message 12 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Many T&C's exclude internet purchases. Personally, I wouldn't purchase expensive electronics from marketplace sellers.
Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

So after you make the purchase, you just have to register it? If they find a lower price you will get notified? You don't have to keep searching for a lower price? Sound pretty awesome since I do buy a lot of electronic gadgets. How long does this price protection last?

Yeah Jason, after ur purchase just go online to the Citi Price Rewind website and register. It's a quick 4 simple step process. You'll fill out the item description, price you paid, date and where u bought it. That's all! Citi does the rest of the searching for a lower price although they actually give u an option to request a refund if u find a lower price yourself but I don't think u wanna waste ya time doing that so u might as well let them do their job ya know. When u ask how long it last I'm not sure if ur referring to the feature itself or the time frame they conduct the price search but to give u an answer either ways, the price protection itself is there indefinitely unless Citi decides to discontinue it while starting a claim process for the price rewind typically takes 60 days. So given that ur into electronic gadgets just like me and knowing how expensive they can run, ya next purchase definitely put it on Citi. You might be surprised man...

Message 14 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Does it work for any purchase? As in does it have to be bought at say Best Buy, or will a 3rd party Amazon Marketplace vendor count?

I don't think it works for any purchase cos I remember seeing certain exclusions on their website so depending on what it is, u might wanna check first before making the move. But I know for a fact that Best Buy will certainly qualify, just not sure about Amazon marketplace. Glad u asked this question, I'm gonna have to dig deeper and see if purchases originating from Amazon or say eBay counts cos I do shop there too. I better hope it does lol

Message 15 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

I'm interested in the Amazon Marketplace question too... Do they TRACK those prices as well? 

That's something I'm gonna have to research but I'm really hoping it does count.

Message 16 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

This looks like an awesome feature for major purchases

Message 17 of 25
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

I don't think it works for any purchase cos I remember seeing certain exclusions on their website so depending on what it is, u might wanna check first before making the move. But I know for a fact that Best Buy will certainly qualify, just not sure about Amazon marketplace. Glad u asked this question, I'm gonna have to dig deeper and see if purchases originating from Amazon or say eBay counts cos I do shop there too. I better hope it does lol

Bumping this thread. Did you get a definitive answer about 3rd party sellers? 

https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide doesn't explain this bit. It's clear that we're only covered for new items (not old / secondhand) that's purchased entirely using Citi card (not using rewards / gift cards) and not part of a subsidy plan etc. But doesn't clarify 3rd party seller part. 

Also, as http://thepointsguy.com/2015/06/citi-price-rewind-benefit/ says, one needs to be very specific in describing the item; I believe it's because inventories vary widely between stores. I'm not sure how Citi consolidates them across stores then.

Message 18 of 25
core
Valued Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@core wrote:

That's something I'm gonna have to research but I'm really hoping it does count.

If they did this, they would open themselves up to MAJOR abuse.  Just use your Amazon seller account to post an artificially low price, and then claim the price rewind discount.  This would of course only work well on lower volume items.  If someone happens to buy it from you in that short timeframe for the Citi price scrape, you can just cancel the order.

Message 19 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

image.jpg

It definitely works!!! So for the heck of it, I bought a new tablet with my Citi card and registered the purchase, u know just to try out the Price Rewind feature. Few days ago I got notified of a lower price and was instructed to upload my purchase receipt online. I'm happy to report I got refunded for the overpayment. For those of you that buy expensive electronic and whatnot, it might be a good financial idea to pay with ur eligible Citi cards. I'm mad excited... this is like free $$$ back in my pocket for something I otherwise paid for and wasnt really worried about cost. It's truly hassle free guys!!!

Wow that's amazing. I'm going to try to make my next electronics merchandise with their card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.