Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dela Amex Skymiles--Update

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Dela Amex Skymiles--Update

Hello everyone,

I am trying to see if I should wait around for the bonus skymiles.  Can anyone enlighten me the length of time it took to be awarded the bonus skymiles? I have seen some people say almost instantly after they met 500 minimum. I've already used 1,500 and PIF. What's the longest it's taken? I really hope they can award the miles within the next couple of business days...

Thanks for any input

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Dela Amex Skymiles

Mine came pretty quick. I'd say within a few days of when I PIF'd

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 2 of 28
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

You're giving me hope!! Would you say this was before your first statement close date?

Message 3 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Mine was within a few days also, they also post the bonus miles for hitting a spending threshold quickly as well.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

If it's similar to SPG, it'll be immediately after your statement closes.

Message 5 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Mine posted before I even PIF. They showed up the day my statement was issued.
Message 6 of 28
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:
Mine posted before I even PIF. They showed up the day my statement was issued.

I wonder if they have any control over when they're issued. Like if I called Monday stating I would like to make a purchase with them soon and I've already met the spending minimum.

So it seems for some people get the bonus miles before statement close and for some it wasn't until after the statement.

Message 7 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

What day is your statement closing?
Message 8 of 28
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

The 17th I believe. I prefer to buy the ticket this tuesday though.

Message 9 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I just met my $500 spend with the past week or so. I got the 30k bonus miles within three days I'd say. My second statement hasn't cut yet, so I think it posts when you meet the spend regardless of statement date. I experienced similar award crediting when I got $100
Back after $1000 spend on BCE!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.