cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquent Amazon store card payment. Am I freaking out over nothing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delinquent Amazon store card payment. Am I freaking out over nothing?

Sorry to hear that and that is exactly why I'm still not convinced despite two different guys telling me not to worry.  But what do you do?  Keep calling back and speaking to another guy you can't hardly understand who tells you the same thing on the phone?  Waiting an entire month to see if it is updated is going to feel like an eternity.  It would absolutely infuriate me if a missed 6 DOLLAR CHARGE on an account that I have spent and paid off literally thousands of dollars on in the last year causes my credit score to tank.

Perfect credit.  Not a single missed payment on anything in the 13 years that I've been using credit cards/credit accounts.  And this one slip-up could knock my excellent credit rating down significantly if they don't hold their end of it.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

my question is, how come your girl friend didn't catch the fact that there's missing charge on her account, if she purchased a show and saw that she didn't get charged for it, she didn't stop to think "hmmm... they didn't charge for that show, maybe his card got charged.", or did she think "whooo hoooo! amazon didn't charge me for that show!"

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

She was binge-watching some reality show and mass-purchasing episodes.  She can spend her money as she pleases but when you buy 20+ shows in a row it is probably easy to lose track of every single one.  You could also ask why one of the episodes randomly took substantially longer to hit my account than the others but, like your question, it has no bearing on the dilemna I'm in now.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

She was binge-watching some reality show and mass-purchasing episodes.  She can spend her money as she pleases but when you buy 20+ shows in a row it is probably easy to lose track of every single one.  You could also ask why one of the episodes randomly took substantially longer to hit my account than the others but, like your question, it has no bearing on the dilemna I'm in now.

I know exactly how that goes.  I use Amazon instant video for a lot of binge-watching.  In order to avoid the constant $0.99 - $1.99 charges, I started purchasing seasons at a time (which is cheaper in the long run).

As for getting the delinquency removed, sounds like waiting is your only option at the moment.  Perhaps sending a letter to Synchrony might be worthwile as well, just so you have a contingency plan in motion in the event that the 30 days pass and the delinquency ended up not getting removed.

I'm gonna try giving Amazon a call tomorrow to see if I can get mine removed.  Assuming the CSRs you spoke to are telling you the truth, it gives me hope.  Maybe I can spin it in a way where it was an accidental late payment (which is the truth), as opposed to asking straight up for a good will update, which is what I've been doing.

One thing that trips me out is how none of the CSRs seem to have the same information.  Some of them say it's possible and transfer me to escalations, most say it's impossible to remove a delinquency.  It seems like a crapshoot when dealing with Synchrony.  If anyone has any insight on dealing with Synchrony and which addresses/phone numbers are the right ones to call, that'd be great.  

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear that and that is exactly why I'm still not convinced despite two different guys telling me not to worry.  But what do you do?  Keep calling back and speaking to another guy you can't hardly understand who tells you the same thing on the phone?  Waiting an entire month to see if it is updated is going to feel like an eternity.  It would absolutely infuriate me if a missed 6 DOLLAR CHARGE on an account that I have spent and paid off literally thousands of dollars on in the last year causes my credit score to tank.

Perfect credit.  Not a single missed payment on anything in the 13 years that I've been using credit cards/credit accounts.  And this one slip-up could knock my excellent credit rating down significantly if they don't hold their end of it.

What I would do, if I were you, is write a secure message to the Amazon Card customer service.  If they answer the same way as you have gotten over the phone, at least you would have written evidence of what they promised.  I always prefer handling these things on writing rather than over the phone.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I might try sending a letter as well.  And what confidence I had that they were being sincere has been shot down pretty quick after reading people's remarks on this site about their attempts.  It sounds like the customer service people will oftentimes say things on the phone but not actually do anything about it.

I'm hoping that since is my first issue ever with any card and I placed my payment for a whopping 6 dollar late payment 39 days "late" that they are letting this one time slide.  

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't offer any advice or reassurance, but I'd like to think a lender would be sympathetic enough to not ruin someone's credit over $6.48, especially when they're a current, loyal customer. I'm sure these lenders have heard every excuse under the sun for late payments, but since your story passes the sniff test and it's an isolated incident, common sense tells me you have a great shot to get this derog removed from your CRs. Having said that, I might be wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath that getting this removed is as simple as a few keystrokes by a front-line CSR. Might take some extra legwork and followup calls/letters to those way higher up on the food chain. Good luck!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

After discovering that this happened less than 7 hours ago I have already spoken to two different amazon customer service people, paid off the whopping 14 dollars (6 dollars plus late fees), and sent them an email.  I've spent over 3 thousand dollars in the last year alone there so I hope they realize if they don't work with me on this then they will be losing a large customer.

Message 18 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I would do, if I were you, is write a secure message to the Amazon Card customer service.  If they answer the same way as you have gotten over the phone, at least you would have written evidence of what they promised.  I always prefer handling these things on writing rather than over the phone.

+1 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOO! I just called Amason Store Card customer service.  I explained my situation and after some back-and-forth, she apparently deleted the delinquencies and said the information will be reported to the CRAs.  She said I'll be receiving a confirmation letter from Synchrony by mail in 14 days.  

I would suggest (if you haven't already), asking to speak to a supervisor to confirm that they have fixed your account correctly.  The CRAs seem to be a little clueless about the concept of deleting delinquencies and most of them seem to think that it's simply not possible.  The supervisor I spoke to was definitely more well-versed in the matter.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.