Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Financial Oddity

tag
darrylbowen1959
Valued Member

Dell Financial Oddity

Greetings fellow Fico Family - 

I'm fairly new here so please forgive me if this was posted before.  

I have a Dell Account for a recent computer purchase.  I opted for the zero interest financing for 6 months and calculated the payment such that a specific amount was added to the minimum to ensure paid in full before the promotional period ends.  No rocket science here - just math. 

But, today I went online to check that my most recent payment posted - it did but also a $25.00 late charge was posted!  My gut reaction of course involved several expletives.  Then I calmed down and called their Customer Service.  Quite a long wait but when I did get through I was assured that this happens when the payment due date happens to be on a weekend.  I was also assured that after the payment posts (up to 3 days) the $25.00 would be reversed.  

I'm not worried, I am pretty sure I wasn't being boondoggled but what baffled me is that DELL (or anyone associated with Dell) would have such outdated technology that they can't handle a weekend posting.  Let's face it, there is no such thing as a weekend anymore - we're a 24/7 365 global economy!  

My company is full of Dell equipment (and my company is HUGE) and there are several thousand other companies that are the same.  It just doesn't make a lot of sense that a technology company would still be in the dark ages (which in the technology world is about 18 months ago).  

Anyway, I post this mainly so others who experience this will know what is going on.  But of course if you ever see something you don't understand don't take my or anyone else's' word for it...Call the creditor and ask!

Enjoy!

29 Total Lines. 24 Major, 5 Retail. Total Avail = $218,710. Avg Util = 4%. TU/EQ/EXP CB Scores Avg = 755,

Re-entered the Garden 6/20/16 (accidentally - because I didn't read the fine print). Intend to stay through June, 2018.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Re: Dell Financial Oddity

My DW has had a Dell account for years, this has happened to her several times,

the late has always been reversed, not so sure so much Dell, rather than the payment processing,

was with Citi now I believe Web Bank, she hasn't used in several years

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 2 of 3
darrylbowen1959
Valued Member

Re: Dell Financial Oddity

Cool. Thanks for that quick reply.  I've only had it a few months and the first payment was fine.  

Agreed, not really Dell but you'd think Dell wouldn't want their name attached to this strange way of doing business.  

Oh well, no matter. 

Thanks again and have a good one!

29 Total Lines. 24 Major, 5 Retail. Total Avail = $218,710. Avg Util = 4%. TU/EQ/EXP CB Scores Avg = 755,

Re-entered the Garden 6/20/16 (accidentally - because I didn't read the fine print). Intend to stay through June, 2018.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.