cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Financial Services Card DFS - Reopen???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dell Financial Services Card DFS - Reopen???

So after reviewing my CRs, I noticed my old (last used and paid off my PC on 10/2010) is still listed in good standing. Says paid in full and still open. Same for all CRAs.

I'm thinking of buying another computer soon. Has anyone called DFS and requested them to send another credit card? I'm speculating that they will tell me to reapply and that they can't find my account since it hasn't been used in a few years.

What to do, what to do???  Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dell Financial Services Card DFS - Reopen???

@Anonymous wrote:

So after reviewing my CRs, I noticed my old (last used and paid off my PC on 10/2010) is still listed in good standing. Says paid in full and still open. Same for all CRAs.

I'm thinking of buying another computer soon. Has anyone called DFS and requested them to send another credit card? I'm speculating that they will tell me to reapply and that they can't find my account since it hasn't been used in a few years.

Have you accessed your account via their site? If it still shows as "Active" (there's an area on the screen that gives the status) then it should still be good. I have a DFS account that I haven't used in, probably, 8 years and it's still showing as "Active". Also, I don't recall ever getting a physical card, but that's just me.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you accessed your account via their site? If it still shows as "Active" (there's an area on the screen that gives the status) then it should still be good. I have a DFS account that I haven't used in, probably, 8 years and it's still showing as "Active". Also, I don't recall ever getting a physical card, but that's just me.

Thanks! Just did that but when I got in (had to get a new PW) - I saw this message: "Our website is currently experiencing technical difficulties. This account cannot be accessed momentarily. We apologize for any inconvenience."   --- LOL  - I also called them on the phone and it said cannot find my account please call back later when the finance department is open..  -- "sigh" Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if my personal experience is any indication, considering that my account has been dormant much longer than yours and it's still showing as Active, I'd suspect yours is fine as well. I suppose you won't know until the site stops misbehaving or until you can contact CS.

Message 4 of 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

What's their current interest rate?  I remember it being astronomical.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

What's their current interest rate?  I remember it being astronomical.

It's quite large but if you do the promotional financing there is no issue with that.. not to mention PIF if no promo financing.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dell computer?... forget the card, avoid like it's plague.

Message 7 of 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

29.99% if memory serves.  I also did the zero percent deal for x months when I bought this PC.

Account has been dormant for more than two years, and still shows as active on all three CR's.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.