Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Financial credit line increase

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Dell Financial credit line increase

Does dfs give out credit line increases? Have a recent account with them but the line is small, 2k. I want to get a cli so I can buy a new gaming system.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: dell finsncial credit line increase

I recently bought a camera from them.   They reopened my account with a CL larger than the purchase.  

I think making the purchase first may work better.

Message 2 of 23
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

How can I make the purchase first if I want the higher credit line to complete the actual purchase?

800+ Club
Message 3 of 23
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Tell them you want to charge it to your account.  The credit department will review it and give you an answer.   They lose the sale if they don't approve it.

Message 4 of 23
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Speaking of Dell..I was going to get a computer my daughter who's going away to college, can either one of you give me insight as to their credit requirements for approval? FICO scores, what they don't like to see on CR's, what they like to see, etc...Any insight would be helpful..Thanks

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 5 of 23
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

my is 6500 Smiley Happy but i start at 1500 when up to 6500.

>
Message 6 of 23
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Web Bank seems to be very laid back, to be honest. I was initially aproved when my scores were much lower and util was 25%. Hence why I want a recon for a higher CL..

800+ Club
Message 7 of 23
Woolfman
Established Contributor

i actually have had good responses when calling them . I got them to give me a CLI and lower the interest before i made my last purchase through them .

Message 8 of 23
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Did they do a hard it soft pull?

800+ Club
Message 9 of 23
Woolfman
Established Contributor

soft pull . but honestly if your looking for a gaming system . go to the dell outlet website . save yourself a bunch of money and still get a kickin system. Thats what i did i saved about 800 bucks . same warranty . same everything . Mine just had a problem of some type for the first person who bought it . I have had zero issues with it and couldnt be happier.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.