Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Financing

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Dell Financing

So I am in need of a new laptop, rather quickly. Mine just had an issue that has cause it to basically be totaled (it will cost more to fix it than it's worth, plus it's 2.5 years old) I am looks at Dell's and HP's. I see Dell has a financing option that is underwritten by Web Bank. I'm in gardening, but school starts Mnday and I will need it on or around then. Have any of you had any experience with Dell financing? If you were approved, what did your credit profile look Ike at the time of approval, and what sort of limit were you given? Thanks Smiley Happy Logan
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Dell Financing

@logan_720 wrote:
So I am in need of a new laptop, rather quickly. Mine just had an issue that has cause it to basically be totaled (it will cost more to fix it than it's worth, plus it's 2.5 years old) I am looks at Dell's and HP's. I see Dell has a financing option that is underwritten by Web Bank. I'm in gardening, but school starts Mnday and I will need it on or around then. Have any of you had any experience with Dell financing? If you were approved, what did your credit profile look Ike at the time of approval, and what sort of limit were you given? Thanks Smiley Happy Logan

With your scores it should be an issue. How are you with INQ's?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 42
logan_720
Established Contributor

I have a lot of inquiries, that's why I'm in garden mode, who do they pull?
Message 3 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:
I have a lot of inquiries, that's why I'm in garden mode, who do they pull?

Not sure on that one Smiley Sad

Are alot of the INQ's recent? Can you get the PC on a CC?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 42
logan_720
Established Contributor

I could, and I could also pay cash, but I figured I would ask about Dell financing because I would continue using at whenever I needed a new computer...
Message 5 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Web Bank is EQ.

I would take the oppurtunity to purchase either through Amazon or Ebay.

Bill Me Later is also backed by Web Bank and would be way more useful to you later then a Dell Card.  It also will give you at least 6 months if not 12 or more probably when looking at laptops.

Also Amazon or Best Buy sometimes offer 18-24 months for 0%, you just have to check around.

Amazon is GE, Best Buy HSBC.

But I would stick to the accounts that won't report to your credit and that is Bill Me Later!

Message 6 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:
I could, and I could also pay cash, but I figured I would ask about Dell financing because I would continue using at whenever I needed a new computer...

I think you'd be better off continuing to garden and paying for it straight up, you;ll get better terms that way.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Web Bank is EQ.

I would take the oppurtunity to purchase either through Amazon or Ebay.

Bill Me Later is also backed by Web Bank and would be way more useful to you later then a Dell Card.  It also will give you at least 6 months if not 12 or more probably when looking at laptops.

Also Amazon or Best Buy sometimes offer 18-24 months for 0%, you just have to check around.

Amazon is GE, Best Buy HSBC.

But I would stick to the accounts that won't report to your credit and that is Bill Me Later!

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 42
logan_720
Established Contributor

I know, I have an Amazon card, but are you saying is that I should just apply for a BML account instead of a Dell account, so that I can use BML letter down the road?
Message 9 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:
I know, I have an Amazon card, but are you saying is that I should just apply for a BML account instead of a Dell account, so that I can use BML letter down the road?

BML is nice but if you have Amazon why not use that?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.