Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell financing

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Dell financing

@Volpes wrote:
Wow, and I thought Kohls was bad; they closed my account while I was overseas (8 months). Stinks because it says "closed by credit grantor" on my report(s), and I can't go into a Kohls store anymore because the cashier always ask if I have/want a Kohls card - it brings back bad memories.

Were you in the military or was it a business trip?

Message 11 of 20
Volpes
Regular Contributor

military
Message 12 of 20
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act may cover situations like that. I only know that because I served in the Army and took advantage of some of the legislation. 

Message 13 of 20
Volpes
Regular Contributor

I did call them, but either something was lost in the process or they just don't care. I didn't really know what else to do, heck I've never had internet access in any of the barracks I lived in.

Message 14 of 20
dude11
Regular Contributor

This has nothing to do with credit or financing but would just like to say be careful with Best Buy in regards to buying computers. I remember not too long ago they were selling new PC's after opening them and loading their crap. Then they would seal them and sell them as new which then Geek Squad would charge a fee to have the bloatware removed.

Just watch out don't know if that is still in place.

Message 15 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

I did call them, but either something was lost in the process or they just don't care. I didn't really know what else to do, heck I've never had internet access in any of the barracks I lived in.

Try again. Use social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). How long ago was this? Good luck!

Message 16 of 20
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I use my Dell Financing account about every other year to buy laptops.  I haven't had any problems.  I just make sure the payments post on time. Trust me , they will add that accrued interest if you don't pay it off before the promo ends.

Message 17 of 20
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Well, apparently I never activated my BestBuy card, so that's why the online CLI request wasn't working, haha. Called theme today, and they moved my limit from $950 to $1,250, but I was hoping for a $2,000 limit.

I guess I will be going computer shopping tomorrow... too bad Windows 8.1 still isn't released.

Message 18 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

Well, apparently I never activated my BestBuy card, so that's why the online CLI request wasn't working, haha. Called theme today, and they moved my limit from $950 to $1,250, but I was hoping for a $2,000 limit.

I guess I will be going computer shopping tomorrow... too bad Windows 8.1 still isn't released.

No way Lol You forgot to activate Smiley Surprised

Congrats on the CLI and go get that computer

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 20
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Well, I ended up buying a computer at Staples... using my debit card Smiley Very Happy

Lenovo H520 On sale for $400 + an additonal $100 off coupon = $300. It features an Ivy Bridge i3 processor with the Intel 2500 graphics, so not too bad.

I need want a better monitor, and the keyboard kindof sucks. So I just might end up using my BB credit card afterall - 6 months 0% financing.

@myjourney wrote:

@Volpes wrote:

No way Lol You forgot to activate Smiley Surprised

Congrats on the CLI and go get that computer

I could have sworn I activated it. . . guess not.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.