cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell or Best Buy credit

Frequent Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Don't buy a Celeron,

I did think about not listing that particular machine's specs because it has a Celeron processor, but for some people it will suit their needs.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 11 of 27
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit

This may be a TJ, but I bought a Dell laptop from the Outlet in 2000 and it was my one and only every day computer for 5 years. I saved about 20% off the retail price and it was only 1 month old. I bought it on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Monday. At that time the new ones took about 2-3 weeks.

 

I would highly recommend getting the Dell account and calling the Outlet and letting them go through the list of available computers. They told me that the inventory updates every day about 11 AM. I'm sure you can find one you like.

 

Of course this was 2000. A lot could have changed since then.

 

Good luck!

 

 

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 12 of 27
Established Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit


jaysdad2k wrote:

This may be a TJ, but I bought a Dell laptop from the Outlet in 2000 and it was my one and only every day computer for 5 years. I saved about 20% off the retail price and it was only 1 month old. I bought it on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Monday. At that time the new ones took about 2-3 weeks.

 

I would highly recommend getting the Dell account and calling the Outlet and letting them go through the list of available computers. They told me that the inventory updates every day about 11 AM. I'm sure you can find one you like.

 

Of course this was 2000. A lot could have changed since then.

 

Good luck!

 

 


 
Im with you there . I play alot of games . I got a desktop from the outlet that would have cost me about 1700 bucks and i got it for 900. Couldnt beat it  and havent had any problems and they come with the warranty just like it was a new one. Mine also came quick . bought mine last year . 
Message 13 of 27
Moderator Emerita

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit

I bought a used 15.4" MacBook Pro from the online Apple Store (Refurbished link on the left of the home page.) I saved about $350 off the list price of $1700. When I took it into my local physical Apple Store for necessary hand-holding and set-up, the Genius said that it was a brand-new laptop, not an older model, and it was probably returned due to buyer's remorse.

Since Apple never does sales, I was pretty happy to find that I effectively bought one on sale at about 20% off.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 27
Super Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit

I say get a $400 laptop from Best Buy and pay cash.  Computers are just like cars.  But computers depreciate before walking out the store.  Probably before even paying for it.  My $400 Acer I got in July 2007 is still working just fine.  Even when I upgraded the OS to Vista Ultimate Edition. 
Message 15 of 27
Regular Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit

I just got 3 laptops from Dell before Christmas, and they work great, I checked Best buy and a number of other places first and Dell was cheaper for a better machine. I paid $449 each for new dual core pentium, 3gb, 250gb, 15.6 laptops.

Message 16 of 27
Senior Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit


Cyrion wrote:

I just got 3 laptops from Dell before Christmas, and they work great, I checked Best buy and a number of other places first and Dell was cheaper for a better machine. I paid $449 each for new dual core pentium, 3gb, 250gb, 15.6 laptops.


Like I said - and I am definitely sticking with it - don't but a Celeron. Ever!

Message 17 of 27
Super Contributor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Cyrion wrote:

I just got 3 laptops from Dell before Christmas, and they work great, I checked Best buy and a number of other places first and Dell was cheaper for a better machine. I paid $449 each for new dual core pentium, 3gb, 250gb, 15.6 laptops.


Like I said - and I am definitely sticking with it - don't but a Celeron. Ever!


Celeron machines definately are not good.  It's either AMD or Pentium.  Also, the home edition of any OS isn't good.  

Message Edited by DI on 01-09-2010 11:24 PM
Message 18 of 27
New Visitor

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit

Our BK was discharged in Sept of 07 and Best Buy just turned us down for a $500 laptop.  Did you try one or the other yet?  We really need a new computer too but I don't want to take another FICO hit by applying and being turned down at Dell too.  We can pay it off when we get our tax return but I need to load last year's  turbo tax onto a pc to prepare this year's return - talk about a catch 22!

 

Message 19 of 27
Member

Re: Dell or Best Buy credit

DO NOT buy thru dell..I bought a computer from them at least three years ago and because I do the minimum of twenty two dollars a month the amount NEVER goes down due to HIGH interest rate. In my opinion I have purchased three of these computer's by now!!
Message 20 of 27