cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex backdate to Delta Skymiles opening date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Amex backdate to Delta Skymiles opening date?

Can anyone verify that their Amex Delta card backdated to the opening date of their Delta Skymiles account?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this.  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delta Amex backdate to Delta Skymiles opening date?

I wish I could Chase to do that very same thing with my MileagePlus account, lol.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Yes! They did it with mine. I was surprised at the time and thought it was an error!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can say with certainty this is not the normal practice, if you've never had an AMEX before now then your member since is going to come back as '11. You may be able to convince someone to do it for you but based on experience from the inside, really doubtful it would happen, at least to begin with.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Its the same deal as the Costco Amex...they arent going to backdate to when you first got your Costco account. It's your relationship with Amex that counts, not the affiliate.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  I'm glad to see the responses.

Wollepopolle - I wonder what gives with your account backdating.  Does it have anything to do with what level your Skymiles account is at?  Or something?

Whatever it is/was, I'm glad that it happened for you.  But I won't assume it will happen for me (or DH, rather).

(I actually think I referred to a post regarding this from wollepopolle at some point - I hope I didn't spread the false assumption that because it happened for someone, that it would happen generically).  Wolle- is there any other thing it could be backdating to - i.e. were you an AU on another Amex or did you have an Amex earlier that happened to date the same year as your Skymiles account?

At any rate, many thanks everyone!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.