Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex question

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Delta Amex question

@Open123 wrote:

For those of you who received the baggage fee and early boarding benefits while using a non-Delta CC, could it be from your Elite status, rather than the Delta CC?

No, it's not. When I fly for business, I don't have Silver status anymore (expired in early 2014) I pay with a corporate green AMEX. My boarding paperwork still includes my reference as a SkyMiles member, I get the Zone 1 boarding, I get the free first checked bag. One does NOT have to pay for the flight with the Delta AMEX to get the benefit.

What you DO need to do is, on your corporate or other booking service, make sure the ticket you are buying is aware of your SkyMiles account number. That should link through to recognize Delta AMEX existence. Other posters, who may not have revealed this information to whoever was booking their ticket, yeah, in that case if there's no link to your Delta Gold AMEX "membership" with SkyMiles then you would not get the perks.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

For those of you who received the baggage fee and early boarding benefits while using a non-Delta CC, could it be from your Elite status, rather than the Delta CC?

No, it's not. When I fly for business, I don't have Silver status anymore (expired in early 2014) I pay with a corporate green AMEX. My boarding paperwork still includes my reference as a SkyMiles member, I get the Zone 1 boarding, I get the free first checked bag. One does NOT have to pay for the flight with the Delta AMEX to get the benefit.

What you DO need to do is, on your corporate or other booking service, make sure the ticket you are buying is aware of your SkyMiles account number. That should link through to recognize Delta AMEX existence. Other posters, who may not have revealed this information to whoever was booking their ticket, yeah, in that case if there's no link to your Delta Gold AMEX "membership" with SkyMiles then you would not get the perks.

Sweet! Thought I was maybe crazy or lucky for a second today LOL!

Just further reinforces the value in this card for folks that travel even once or twice a year.... combine the inquiry with the PRG app... and you end up with 100k delta miles and $250 in delta gift cards/credit. (folks that arent buying a house or a car in 12 months and have scores above 670ish).

The only crummy part is the limit of 3 payment sources but can be easily circumvented by splitting a roundtrip into two one ways......

Message 22 of 24
EdMan63
Established Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
That was going to be my next question. I went ahead and booked direct with my Delta card. I also had to add my minor sister onto my itinerary. She's an AU on my Delta card so she should be able to get the perks with no problem I'm assuming

It doesn't matter if she is an AU or not. As long as she is booked under your reservation she get the benefit. My wife is not an AU on my card and when we travel she gets all the same benefits as me. An AUdoesn't get the benefit if they travel separate from you. Only the main card holder gets the benefit all the time. 

Message 23 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

What you DO need to do is, on your corporate or other booking service, make sure the ticket you are buying is aware of your SkyMiles account number. 

This has always been my understanding.  However, I've never actually "put it to the test," sort to speak.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.