Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold Amex Cautionary Tale

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold Amex Cautionary Tale

Update.

I sent an email to the CEO of American Express. Someone called me today,a nd they are going to honor the 60K miles offer.

Very happy.

Message 11 of 12
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delta Gold Amex Cautionary Tale

@Anonymous wrote:

Update.

I sent an email to the CEO of American Express. Someone called me today,a nd they are going to honor the 60K miles offer.

Very happy.

That's very rare of Amex and very lucky of you to get them honor the higher offer. If you hang out here longer, you will know that Amex is known for big offers but also known for NOT MATCHING higher offers. Chase and Citi are very easy to deal with in terms of matching offers. Since Amex has 1 sign-up bonus per lifetime per each kind of card, most (smart) people typically do not apply for an Amex card until they see a historical higher offer. If you do not know what's a historical high offer for a certain card or if any offer is good, you can always post here first before you apply. The offer typically wont go away within days anyway.

It is also important that for any credit card--- the advertised higher offer through mail or through email will only apply to you if you click on the specific link or give them a specific code to be eligible for the "targeted" offer. Always re-check the offer again on the same web page before you go ahead and apply.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.