Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold or BCE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold or BCE?

Hi All,

Recently approved for ED $1k SL. I opted for the ED due to the miles option and that I have a few other cashback (Disco,NFCU,QS1). After reading a few recent posts it seems that some users are able to get approved for a 2nd card at a higher SL than the 1st which has me wanting to test the theory....

Sooo Delta Gold, or BCE? The 3% at supermarkets is nice, but I already have 2% with ED.

I do some traveling, about 3-4X a year so the perks would be nice and I will hit the spend for the free miles + 50 statement credit  but I will already get the miles on the ED...

Is it true the Delta Gold generally comes w/ a higher SL as its co-branded? Does the gold ever have a BT offer? 

I should have done BCE+Delta Gold as my current perception is anything but is leaving $$ on the table...Feedback/opinions needed.

Current Fico 08 650-670 range few inqs etc.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold or BCE?

I would encourage you to wait ... 

Here's why. Last month I appd for a BCE and got it ... nice little $2K SL (I'm rebuilding). Scores are similar to yours, all around 650-670. I saw others posting about apping for the BCE and THEN apping for the Delta, and getting an even better limit on the Delta. 

So I apped ... envisioning and nice fat limit. I was approved, but my SL on the Delta is $1K. I was disappointed and in retrospect should have waited (as has been suggested in other threads). 

The BCE I can and will go for the 3X CLI next month, but that means the Delta won't see a CLI unless it is auto or unless I decide to use the following 3X CLI on the Delta and skip growing the BCE to double digits. 

I'm happy I got it ... will be traveling for work in the next few months so I'll fly Delta and use the perks, but given the circumstances I wish I would have waited. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree on waiting. Your approval was for 1K. I would be cautiously optimistic if you would indeed get a 3X CLI on that card. I also saw those two posts where the 2nd revolver (BCE in one case and ED in the other ) was higher. But if this were me I would wait. Also, you said you were heading to the garden Smiley Wink I'd rather get my scores higher and get a more generous SL on one revolver and then go for another one later on. That said, if you do go for it report back as all these datapoints help to provide guidance for others as well. 

Message 3 of 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Not saying you should apply now (see above responses), but strictly from an awards point of view, I'd definitely go with the Delta gold.  The MR's you earn with the ED are worth more than 1 cent per point if converted to skymiles, which negates any advantage from the 3% cash back on the same category for BCE.  Those ED MR points can be converted to skymiles and combined with the miles you earn with the Delta card you could start taking trips pretty quickly.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's for the thorough answers, exactly what I needed to hear.

So ED+Delta gold - waiting on the gold until atleast august when I'll have my hopeful 3X cli, Cap 1 Credit Steps increase, and both nfcu/fdisco will hit 91 days w/ 3 statments. 

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.