Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Reserve - Upgrade Offers?

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Delta Reserve - Upgrade Offers?

Has anyone ever seen upgrade offers to move to the Delta Reserve? I've had the Delta Platinum for a year and now have the option to 'upgrade' to the Delta Reserve. Since it comes with a hefty annual fee, it would be nice to have some additional motivation to move to this card. I'll be Diamond on Delta as of next weekend and that comes with skyclub access. So, I don't need that. I also have an Amex Platinum.

I like the additional MQM's on the Reserve which would be my primary reason for converting. But the AF is just too high.

More than enough credit.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Delta Reserve - Upgrade Offers?

For what it's worth I have the Delta Plat for the Companion Certificate, free baggage check, and 20% savings in flight. I used to use it for the 2 points for ticket purchase. Now my Amex Plat is used for ticket purchases since they now offer 5 points. I just don't see the benefit of the Reserve.

Message 2 of 7
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Thanks for replying. I use the Delta Plat to get the spend waiver for elite status. So, I run a minimum of $25K through it. And with that, comes an additional 10K MQM's. With the Reserve you get 15K MQM's when spending $30K. I'd like the additional MQM's. I just don't like the annual fee.

More than enough credit.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically I see upgrade offers as 5K MQMs and 5K Skymiles from Platinum to Reserve. Please call customer service to inquire on any possible upgrade offers on your account.
Message 4 of 7
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Typically I see upgrade offers as 5K MQMs and 5K Skymiles from Platinum to Reserve. Please call customer service to inquire on any possible upgrade offers on your account.

Thanks! I called customer service last night to inquire. Apparently, the person I was speaking with had her computer crash during our call. She transferred me to someone else and after 10 minutes of waiting, I hung up. I'll call back this evening. If it is only 5K and there is no break on the annual fee, I'll likely keep the card I have.

More than enough credit.
Message 5 of 7
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I chatted with customer service today. Asked about upgrade offers to go from my worthless green to platinum. No dice. Basically was told that if you are eligible for offers you will have them online, in your email or snail mail. Annual fee is coming up end of November. I think I'll take the minimal hit on the fee difference, cash in the airline reimbursement and close prior to my annual fee. I'll keep my MR points with the everyday card. Amex seems to want new customers more than anything.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do not do green to platinum upgrade offers. Typically our green card members are sensitive to the annual fee and we don't want to put them in shock by offering a $95>$450 upgrade. Once you have one of the Gold Cards, you'll be solicited to upgrade to Platinum (assuming you haven't had it before).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.