Reply
Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!

We are taking the family on a cruise just before Christmas this year and decided we wanted to try to fly from MSP to MIA for free.

 

Both my wife and I app'd for the Delta Amex card and we were both instant approved!

 

30k miles with a $500 spend in 90 days.

 

They gave me $5k CL bringing my total Amex CL along with my BCE to $27,200. I will try for the 3x bump at 61 days. But I also get the backdate to 1979 which is awesome!

 

I am not sure what my wife has for Cl, we will call tonight or tomorrow to find out.

 

Not sure of this card will be a long-term keeper, but the mileage bonus gives us enough miles to get the four of us to Miami and back for free!

 

Time for the happy dance!  :smileyvery-happy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!

Ray, don't think Delta is eligible for CLI in 61 days, but would love for you to try.  I believe the CLI schedule is per person not per card.  So you are eligible from 6 months from last CLI as you have already gotten the 61 days CLI.  That is direct from the Amex CLI department.  But no biggie to try.  Since rejection only has 90 day wait according to them.  Never 100% trust what reps tell me.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Established Contributor
bamagirl1
Posts: 1,044
Registered: ‎12-30-2007

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!

Congrats Rockin Ray!!!

 

That is awesome, ESPECIALLY to get flights for free after miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Established Contributor
bamagirl1
Posts: 1,044
Registered: ‎12-30-2007

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!

Congrats Rockin Ray!!!

 

That is awesome, ESPECIALLY to get flights for free after miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Congrats to you and your wife both..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,479
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!

[ Edited ]

Ray,

 

Congrats!!! :smileyhappy: I didn't fly Delta. I would have gotten this card instead of Hilton HHonors Amex.  I usually fly United because they have direct flight to LA. Now you have to choose between Southwest and Delta.  :smileyvery-happy:

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!


Crashem wrote:

Ray, don't think Delta is eligible for CLI in 61 days, but would love for you to try.  I believe the CLI schedule is per person not per card.  So you are eligible from 6 months from last CLI as you have already gotten the 61 days CLI.  That is direct from the Amex CLI department.  But no biggie to try.  Since rejection only has 90 day wait according to them.  Never 100% trust what reps tell me.


I have had my BCE for a good while now and have not even bothered to ask for a CLI. I just figured since I was approved for this card today, I could try for the CLI at 61 days.

 

When I got the BCE, they started me at $10k. At 65 or so days, I tried for a CLI of $25k and was countered with $22,200 where it sits today. This was last August. So, I will try on the Delta card at 61 or so days. Maybe I get lucky, maybe not. Homestly, it does not really matter but rather gives me something to work toward.

 

My goal is $50k with Amex - and - I will get there sooner or later!  :smileyhappy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!


RockinRay wrote:

We are taking the family on a cruise just before Christmas this year and decided we wanted to try to fly from MSP to MIA for free.

 

Both my wife and I app'd for the Delta Amex card and we were both instant approved!

 

30k miles with a $500 spend in 90 days.

 

They gave me $5k CL bringing my total Amex CL along with my BCE to $27,200. I will try for the 3x bump at 61 days. But I also get the backdate to 1979 which is awesome!

 

I am not sure what my wife has for Cl, we will call tonight or tomorrow to find out.

 

Not sure of this card will be a long-term keeper, but the mileage bonus gives us enough miles to get the four of us to Miami and back for free!

 

Time for the happy dance!  :smileyvery-happy:


CONGRATS!!!!!

 

 

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!


bamagirl1 wrote:

Congrats Rockin Ray!!!

 

That is awesome, ESPECIALLY to get flights for free after miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Congrats to you and your wife both..


Thanks bamagirl! This saves us about $1800 in airfare. I used to work for Delta and we have a contact in their Frequent Flyer Department that has already made our reservations. Now, we just have to get the spend done... I am thinking of buying gas cards or the like...

 

We are super excited!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!


LS2982 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

We are taking the family on a cruise just before Christmas this year and decided we wanted to try to fly from MSP to MIA for free.

 

Both my wife and I app'd for the Delta Amex card and we were both instant approved!

 

30k miles with a $500 spend in 90 days.

 

They gave me $5k CL bringing my total Amex CL along with my BCE to $27,200. I will try for the 3x bump at 61 days. But I also get the backdate to 1979 which is awesome!

 

I am not sure what my wife has for Cl, we will call tonight or tomorrow to find out.

 

Not sure of this card will be a long-term keeper, but the mileage bonus gives us enough miles to get the four of us to Miami and back for free!

 

Time for the happy dance!  :smileyvery-happy:


CONGRATS!!!!!

 

 

 


Thanks man...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Re: Delta SKYMILES Amex - Approved!


Ron1 wrote:

Ray,

 

Congrats!!! :smileyhappy: I didn't fly Delta. I would have gotten this card instead of Hilton HHonors Amex.  I usually fly United because they have direct flight to LA. Now you have to choose between Southwest and Delta.  :smileyvery-happy:

 

 

Ron.


Thanks Ron!

 

I am using the Chase Southwest card for a small side business that I run. The goal now for these miles is to take my youngest daughter to Florida for her senior spring break year after next. I have made the spend on the Chase card and now have 50k points. We will need about 90k point to get us all to FLL and I have a year and a half to get that done.

 

We can do that I think...

 

I have not decided it the Delta card is long-term. The free first bag will offset most of the AF if 4 of use travel so it might be worth keeping around. Not sure.

 

Now I just have to figure out how to play the Cap One Venture Siggy Visa to make sure I get the best advantage from it...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+