Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Skymiles Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Skymiles Amex

Does amex still even approve people?? I flew last weekend on delta and they were super pushing the delta symiles card. People push it on the concourse, the flight attendants, even when you call delta, the conversation ends with "have you checked out our skymiles amex".  Now.... you can get 30,000 miles and 2 club passes for apping, What gives? It must be really hard to get one now.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Skymiles Amex

Not to sure about now,But in dec 08 my wife was approved with a cl of $4000. Only pulled EX with a score of  670ish..
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just apped the 1st of the month score was 630 denied I seen on whogavemecredit people with worse scores and and a lot more baddies get this card I think when you apply on line it isn't a scoring model that decides it is a big wheel that they spin and where it lands thats the decision maker LOL

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

djse7en wrote:

I just apped the 1st of the month score was 630 denied I seen on whogavemecredit people with worse scores and and a lot more baddies get this card I think when you apply on line it isn't a scoring model that decides it is a big wheel that they spin and where it lands thats the decision maker LOL

Do realize that a lot of what's on WGMC is from the glory days, when AmEx was much more generous. (btw, I'll bet a lot of those folks no longer have their Deltas. Smiley Sad ) Also, many people post FAKO's, so it's not the most reliable source of info in the world.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe if they gave people a chance, they wouldn't have to push so much.
Message 5 of 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Well, they could give us back our Double Skymiles.  Or restore my limit.  Or..or...or you could just avoid getting a Delta Amex.

Back in Sept 07 I app'd for the DSMG w/ a sub 600 EX -- and got it w/ a 1k limit.  When the card hit 51 weeks of age, with an EX of 693, they CLD'd me to 500.  It has been stuck there ever since.  I called and switched the card to a DSM-Options b/c it doesn't have an AF.  I had a really hard time w/ a 95 AF that was roughly equal to 20% of the CL.  Imagine that!

This card is my lowest limit -- even lower than Old Navy by 300 bucks.  I recently asked for a CLI and was denied.  My EX score should be the same or higher as the one in my sig, but I'm not going to ask anything of them until I know it's over 700.  Blah.  ScAmex.

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.