cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta is a joke maybe Amex will go for United's business?

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delta is a joke maybe Amex will go for United's business?

I suppose it all boils down to your personal experience.  I simply dislike United because I am always stuck on a regional jet that is almost always delayed.  And too, I should add--If you look at most airlne customer satisfaction surveys - United is ranked consistenly at the bottom.  

Message 11 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

I suppose it all boils down to your personal experience.  I simply dislike United because I am always stuck on a regional jet that is almost always delayed.  And too, I should add--If you look at most airlne customer satisfaction surveys - United is ranked consistenly at the bottom.  

I had status on united last year so it got me upgraded to first on one flight and let me pick extra leg room seats on others. My delta flight wasn't as nice. Granted I don't find any of the US carriers to be all that stellar. Regional flights can always fluctuate and fortunatly I haven't had to deal with any of those recently. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 19
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

I had status on united last year so it got me upgraded to first on one flight and let me pick extra leg room seats on others. My delta flight wasn't as nice. Granted I don't find any of the US carriers to be all that stellar. Regional flights can always fluctuate and fortunatly I haven't had to deal with any of those recently. 

Maybe it's a regional thing. Delta's product in MI, when I've flown, is inferior to American's offerings, and Delta has lost my luggage last 3 flights in a row. Other people will tell me they wouldn't fly anyone other than Delta, and have stories about AA, UA, etc.. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 13 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It depends how many seats Delta purchased of Korean Air inventory. At some point it is cheaper for Delta to fly people on their own metal. American always routes me on Hawaiian Air for anything Business class to Australia. Delta had some good awards for Tokyo in October but it was to the wrong airport. With any airline card it's best to be flexible.
Message 14 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I was able to score a flight from SFO to Buenos Aires on Delta for 67.5K miles.

Call me crazy, but I'm still stoked on Delta.

Message 15 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

Maybe it's a regional thing. Delta's product in MI, when I've flown, is inferior to American's offerings, and Delta has lost my luggage last 3 flights in a row. Other people will tell me they wouldn't fly anyone other than Delta, and have stories about AA, UA, etc.. 

OMG I have never had an airline lose my luggage ::knock on wood::

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 19
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

The way AMEX is going they are lucky to have Delta. And why would UA want to get away from Chase?

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 17 of 19
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@signaturecardmember wrote:

The way AMEX is going they are lucky to have Delta. And why would UA want to get away from Chase?

I REALLY don't understand this sentiment.

Care to explain?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 18 of 19
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

OMG I have never had an airline lose my luggage ::knock on wood::

Yeah, just yeah. I was visiting a grad school on of the times, and Delta DID reimburse me for some slacks and a dress shirt to be fair, but still, it was rediculous that it's happened that many times. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.