Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta sky miles keeps sending offers post BK

tag
ggmorning
Valued Member

Delta sky miles keeps sending offers post BK

Hello and Merry Christmas!

I was discharged ch. 7 bankruptcy in July 2017 and since then I keep receiving offers in the mail for the Delta Skymiles gold card with the 60,000 bonus miles.

I’m not sure if I should apply because it doesn’t say “you’re pre-approved” and I know with AMEX it’s usually about five years before You can apply. I’m wondering if I have a shot since it isn’t a regular AMEX card?

Are they sending this offer as a pre-approval or are they just sending because I am a frequent delta flier with skymiles? I’ve searched the boards but couldn’t find an answer.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta sky miles keeps sending offers post BK

@ggmorning wrote:
Hello and Merry Christmas!

I was discharged ch. 7 bankruptcy in July 2017 and since then I keep receiving offers in the mail for the Delta Skymiles gold card with the 60,000 bonus miles.

I’m not sure if I should apply because it doesn’t say “you’re pre-approved” and I know with AMEX it’s usually about five years before You can apply. I’m wondering if I have a shot since it isn’t a regular AMEX card?

Are they sending this offer as a pre-approval or are they just sending because I am a frequent delta flier with skymiles? I’ve searched the boards but couldn’t find an answer.

Thank you!

It is a ‘regular’ Amex card issued by Centurion Bank.  Therefore whatever rule they have about being approved after a BK would still apply.  Unfortunately, given that that is 5 years, I’d say your chances of being approved are pretty much nil.  Marketing offers are just sent out based on your Delta account and in no way any kind of preapproval.  

Message 2 of 7
ggmorning
Valued Member

Aww, darn. I figured it was too good to be true this soon, lol. Well at least now I know. They really get you with those beautiful pamphlets! I wish they’d stop sending them because I still have four and a half years to go! Haha. Thank you for the info!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ggmorning wrote:
Aww, darn. I figured it was too good to be true this soon, lol. Well at least now I know. They really get you with those beautiful pamphlets! I wish they’d stop sending them because I still have four and a half years to go! Haha. Thank you for the info!

Yeah I understand the frustration l. I get United 70K offers all the time from Chase and I have zero chance of being approved because of 5/24.  Just a big tease.

Message 4 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'll 2nd the 5/24 issue.  Marriott keeps rotating the 80,000 point, 120,000 point and 150,000 point offers constantly between email and snail mail for me, and there's no way Chase would give me the card unless they decide to put it in the "Your Offers" section of my account (so far Irish80's United card is the only cobranded card they have offered me there) which bypasses 5/24.

Message 5 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I'll 2nd the 5/24 issue.  Marriott keeps rotating the 80,000 point, 120,000 point and 150,000 point offers constantly between email and snail mail for me, and there's no way Chase would give me the card unless they decide to put it in the "Your Offers" section of my account (so far Irish80's United card is the only cobranded card they have offered me there) which bypasses 5/24.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Hey K, we can apply together! 😁 (Bastards sent me another email.)

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 7
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

It's probably similar to insurance companies. I was dropped from AllState years ago for an at-fault accident, and 4 months later started receiving offers to go back to them. They want money no matter what. 

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.