tag
dlh4244
Valued Member

Re: Delta skymiles rewards help

Message 11 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ooh my god. That's it. Jet blue offer 8 miles per dollar. For other things. So the card is truly useless.   Ok. Why even fight for the bonus 30k miles if that's the case. I'm not spending 30 k for extra miles. What does delta sell through their portal? 

Message 12 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@dlh4244 wrote:
Not starting in January when they make the switches. Only benefit will be early boarding and free checked bag.

The changes coming in January effect how you earn redeemable miles when flying Delta.  Nothing to do with earning Delta miles using the cc.  So if someone found value is using the cc and earning 2 mi/Delta purchase and 1 mil/AO purchase, I'm not following how the 2015 Skymiles program changes matter?

Message 13 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@dlh4244 wrote:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/2015-skymiles-program.html

Thanks. You just saved me $95. Looks like you won't even need the card if you transfer MR points from Amex and book business class.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 14 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@dlh4244 wrote:
Not starting in January when they make the switches. Only benefit will be early boarding and free checked bag.

The changes coming in January effect how you earn redeemable miles when flying Delta.  Nothing to do with earning Delta miles using the cc.  So if someone found value is using the cc and earning 2 mi/Delta purchase and 1 mil/AO purchase, I'm not following how the 2015 Skymiles program changes matter?

He or she was talking about the Pay with Points feature. Here, he/she is arguing that the "pay with points" perk offered to credit card holders will be totally irrelevant as of Jan 2015.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 15 of 17
dlh4244
Valued Member

Exactly! Thank you Membersince2013. You can earn more points using PRG or EDP with their bonus categories and transfer the MR points to Delta
Message 16 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

2 miles per $ on Delta Purchases 

1 mile per $ on everything else, including gas, water, earth, uranium, private space tours or anything thats not Delta lol.

@Membersince2013 wrote:

2 miles per $ on Delta Purchases 

1 mile per $ on everything else, including gas, water, earth, uranium, private space tours or anything thats not Delta lol.

Smiley Wink that pretty much says it all. Geez 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.