cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denials...Is there any hope for me..

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denials...Is there any hope for me..

@Girley37 wrote:

Hi everyone

I am new to forums and have learned a lot from reading in the forums. Unfortunately I thought I could do what others have and it backfired. I was discharged for BK Ch 7 in January this year. I did not start rebuilding until June when I got a Cap 1 secured card for $200. I also was approved in July for a HSN card with a credit line of $750. Now that I got in the door with comenity I wanted a gas card and a store card so I went on a app spree..well that was a bad move. I applied for Walmart, Kohls, Barclay, Lane Bryant, Old Navy, and Marathon. I read they were all easy, but none worked for me. The only card I got approved for and it was instant is a Quicksilver for $300. I also found out my credit scores after getting them with my denials. Experian 586 TU 594 Equifax 556..My Fako scores were in the 600's so I thought I would be ok but now I am wondering if the bankruptcy was the issue or if I just need to give it more time. I pretty much feel like I should wait another 6 months, or until my scores are in the mid 600's which is my goal right now, but will my BK hold me back? I am open to advice?

I just wanted to reply to the title.  YES - there is so much hope.  You are on the right track now.  You are taking the reality of things, which so many people just never have the guts to do.  Just do as others are advising.  Garden for 6, or preferably 12 months.  Get a good year of payment history and likely some auto-CLIs.  You have what you need to grow now.  Time is your friend in the credit journey.  Pay like clockwork, keep your utilization low, and watch your scores grow. 

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.