Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied AMEX 61 Day CLI

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied AMEX 61 Day CLI

At minimock- that's how I feel about Citi and their hardpulling of my EQ report!! Lol grrr
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied AMEX 61 Day CLI

I am not sure why there is so much mystique and confusion about a credit limit increase from American Express. The request can be declined just like it can be with any other lender. There isn't some special thing you need to do before requesting one, just have the report looking its best. You can ask for a credit limit increase at 61 days with most lenders and you can ask for a 10x increase if you want. The major difference is that a lot of lenders perform a hard inquiry and American Express does soft inquiries.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.