Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied AMEX Green - then Zync 'cancelled'

tag
CaptKirk
Established Member

Denied AMEX Green - then Zync 'cancelled'

I am stil rebuilding with a EQ FICO of 677. I have five revolvers CCs with a total CL of $6700 (although USAA Visa with $4k is just week old). I have zero debt, but short time with credit and a couple of tax liens in the last decade. No BK.

After getting approved for the USAA card I thought i would go for an AMEX Green, but got denied (havent got snailmail yet explaining). So I tried for Zync and it instantly came back with 'cancelled'.

Am I right in assuming that AMEX "cancels" any application after you get denied? Is there a time limit when can reapply? Is it worth the chance of another hard inquiry in a couple of months?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied AMEX Green - then Zync 'cancelled'

Yes, you can not apply for another card for 30 days with amex once you are denied! Always better to start zync then wait close to a year and apply for the other cards.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.