Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amazon Visa!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Amazon Visa!!!

So i was denied an Amazon Visa card due to a major delinquent account that is not showing up on my reports that are pulled from here for Transunion(724 FICO score) and Equifax(735 FICO score). 

So how do i go about getting this fixed? I have no idea what it is, i havent been late on a bill in over 7 years. Should i just pull my Experian score to see what it is and dispute it? Or is there another way to fix this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Amazon Visa!!!

The Amazon Visa is issued by Chase.  Have you perhaps had a past account with Chase that was negative?  If so, they may be holding that against you.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in good standing with Chase, i have their Freedom card already. 

Anyway, i went ahead and pulled my Experian report from their website and there was a past due that was just put on there a few weeks ago. Its from 2004, one of those music/movie things, Columbia House or BMG. $160 i owe them, i went ahead and called them up and paid it, hopefully it doesnt show up on Transunion or Equifax, that would ruin my day for sure. 

But not all is lost, Discover approved a credit increase just now for 2k, now im at $11,540 CL for the Discover More card. Yay!

Message 3 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Did you call and ask fora recon withmanual review?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did a recon and DENIED again, lol. I just hope and pray to god that the past due doesnt hit Transunion and Equifax. =(

Oh well, back to gardening and then i'll hit them up at a later date. =)

Message 5 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

They denied you solely based on one negative mark, even with 700+ scores?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 6 of 7
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Chase will usually deny if they see anything negative.

Did you ask Columbia House to remove the account from your report?

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.