Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amex BCE

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Denied Amex BCE

So I know, I'm supposed to be gardening, I apped for the BCE and they pulled TU and denied me a couple of days later. They said my internal risk score was high, too many recent accounts opened, and too many inquiries, and they said my TU score of 717 was too low. I called the recon # I found on here, and told them that I regretted closing my Zync card, and regretted losing my relationship with Amex, I told them I would be fine with a $500 starting limit so I could be back with such a great company. Boy I laid it on thick lol. So he submitted my app for re-evaluation. Does anyone think I have the slightest chance of being approved even with a $500 limit. I also realize that if approved I will probably get auto FR'ed which this time I will fill out the form. And if denied again, should I call their exec #?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Denied Amex BCE

@ilovelisa wrote:

So I know, I'm supposed to be gardening, I apped for the BCE and they pulled TU and denied me a couple of days later. They said my internal risk score was high, too many recent accounts opened, and too many inquiries, and they said my TU score of 717 was too low. I called the recon # I found on here, and told them that I regretted closing my Zync card, and regretted losing my relationship with Amex, I told them I would be fine with a $500 starting limit so I could be back with such a great company. Boy I laid it on thick lol. So he submitted my app for re-evaluation. Does anyone think I have the slightest chance of being approved even with a $500 limit. I also realize that if approved I will probably get auto FR'ed which this time I will fill out the form. And if denied again, should I call their exec #?

I know this is not OP with 82 INQ'SSmiley Sad

I have been in your corner the hole time but I must tell you the truth at this point.

Are you serious your just asking for trouble doing any app's are you looking to lose accounts due to AA,FR?

For your own good stop

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 36
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

The 82 are only on EQ and EX. They are both frozen. No more inquiries on those for 3 months.  My TU has 20, it is not frozen, and thats the CR Amex pulled for BCE.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

The 82 are only on EQ and EX. They are both frozen. No more inquiries on those for 3 months.  My TU has 20, it is not frozen, and thats the CR Amex pulled for BCE.

they will still show accounts for annual reviews along with INQ's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 36
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

You do understand that 20 inqs is still high, right? You should freeze all your reports until they all report less than 5 inqs. . .

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 36
100down0monthly
New Contributor

82?!?  Wow.

Message 6 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Do I think your chances of approval are good? Honestly, no. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you close your Zync cause they contacted you and you didn't want to comply? I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like the pattern has changed- your accts are still new, relatively speaking to a lender. If you wanted to try again, you probably should have waited at least a year since you closed the Zync.
Message 7 of 36
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Op have 100 inquiries on his/her account and he/she think it's okay lol........Stay on garden except looking for some 500,1k, 2k credit line. Be patient then your time should paid back.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 36
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Horse?  Hello?  (swift kick!).  Horse? Hello? (swift kick!).  Repeat 82x......

Message 9 of 36
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Do I think your chances of approval are good? Honestly, no. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you close your Zync cause they contacted you and you didn't want to comply? I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like the pattern has changed- your accts are still new, relatively speaking to a lender. If you wanted to try again, you probably should have waited at least a year since you closed the Zync.

I think if I could talk to a credit analyst, I could convince them to give a $500 limit with their highest interest rate. The closing of the Zync was a huge mistake, I should have complied, but I hated the rewards, and idea of paying the AF which were reasons for closing it. I would happily comply this time if asked. I KNOW I need to stop apping. I really need to freeze my TU so no more inquiries at all. I will call TU tomorrow, because when I tried to freeze it online, it says it cannot verify my identity. 

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.