Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amex BCE

tag
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Re: Denied Amex BCE

Probably your best bet is to come to the realization that ONE CR is not the answer.  If Amex pulls even your best and isn't satisfied, they might continue pulling.  If you seriously have that many INQ's on your reports....you need to just hit the garden and quit thinking about more TLs.  Do you REALLY need another TL? 

Message 11 of 36
n777ua
Established Contributor

But you don't know, otherwise you would never of applied to Amex, who will easily see your 82 inq's ....and how do you get 82 ? Apping for every product from every prime and subprime lender ? I didn't know that # was possible...

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 12 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You have a nice line up of cc's with nice CL's. You said you 'know' you need to stop apping at the same time you want to 'convince an analyst'. It really doesn't sound like you understand why the lender thought you were risk in the first place. Apping again so close to the closure of your Zync without letting your accts age IMO - was a mistake.
Message 13 of 36
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
You have a nice line up of cc's with nice CL's. You said you 'know' you need to stop apping at the same time you want to 'convince an analyst'. It really doesn't sound like you understand why the lender thought you were risk in the first place. Apping again so close to the closure of your Zync without letting your accts age IMO - was a mistake.

Lol Lexie, I knew I was going to get a tounge lashing from you on this subject lol. As I said before I know I need to stop, this is the absolute last, I PROMISE. I just get bored and pretty anxious gardening. I will definately put a freeze on TU tomorrow, so NO MORE APPING for me until these inquiries fall off all reports. 

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 14 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Lol Lexie, I knew I was going to get a tounge lashing from you on this subject lol. As I said before I know I need to stop, this is the absolute last, I PROMISE. I just get bored and pretty anxious gardening. I will definately put a freeze on TU tomorrow, so NO MORE APPING for me until these inquiries fall off all reports. 

Heard that before Lol

You need to check into the garden with us for support and help....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 36
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Heard that before Lol

I know you have.

I would put that little seedling picture on my sig, but it keeps messing up my card lineup.

Once TU is locked down, definately in the garden. I'm also going to hide the paper with the freeze codes on it so no possibility of slipping up lol.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 16 of 36
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa

You say that you get bored with gardening but there's a lot you can accomplish with your current portfolio. Right how, it seems that most of them have toy limits so you could be working to grow those into primeville rather than keep seeking another card at 500cl. I mean, good luck on the recon since you've already taken the HP but I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by getting a card w a toy limit.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 17 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No tongue lashing. I just want you to think about how your cr looks to a lender. Waiting a few more months may have looked much better to Amex esp since they were already wary of you. We are here to offer support and advice-it is up to you if you accept or decline.

As always, good luck to you.
Message 18 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

Heard that before Lol

I know you have.

I would put that little seedling picture on my sig, but it keeps messing up my card lineup.

Once TU is locked down, definately in the garden. I'm also going to hide the paper with the freeze codes on it so no possibility of slipping up lol.

Want to hear something funny?

It's not about the little seedling in your sig you can leave that out it's a choiceSmiley Wink

It's about the commitment you make to yourself and the satisfaction of completing what you set out to do and the rewards of better cards, higher limits, increased AAoA,INQ's falling off or aging when you leave the gardenSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 36
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
No tongue lashing. I just want you to think about how your cr looks to a lender. Waiting a few more months may have looked much better to Amex esp since they were already wary of you. We are here to offer support and advice-it is up to you if you accept or decline.

As always, good luck to you.

You are absolutely correct about waiting (and all the other advice you have given me) . I'm sitting here thinking to myself, Why am I being so stupid and applying for more cards? I mean I just got through my 6th month with Barclays and no AA, that was pretty lucky considering my CR. Next month will be my 6th month with PenFed, and I'm not expecting them to do anything, you don't hear about alot of AA from them once approved, but still there is that what if thought in the back of my head.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.