Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amex BCE

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied Amex BCE

82 inqs?  Are you apping just to app?  Hard to believe that there are so many cards that could fit your spending habits and "needs."   You have a terrific lineup of cards with decent limits.  Be content with what you have, and allow ample (and I do mean ample) time for the cards to boost your AAoA, and for most like 75 or more to age off your reports.

Give yourself plenty of time to ponder what you want the cards for.  Only apply if a card can truly help you in some way.  Credit just for credit's sake is asking for trouble. Br patient and practical.

End of sermon!

Message 21 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ilovelisa wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Do I think your chances of approval are good? Honestly, no. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you close your Zync cause they contacted you and you didn't want to comply? I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like the pattern has changed- your accts are still new, relatively speaking to a lender. If you wanted to try again, you probably should have waited at least a year since you closed the Zync.

I think if I could talk to a credit analyst, I could convince them to give a $500 limit with their highest interest rate. The closing of the Zync was a huge mistake, I should have complied, but I hated the rewards, and idea of paying the AF which were reasons for closing it. I would happily comply this time if asked. I KNOW I need to stop apping. I really need to freeze my TU so no more inquiries at all. I will call TU tomorrow, because when I tried to freeze it online, it says it cannot verify my identity. 

Consulting with Miss Cleo gave an unfavorable outcome for this.  Honestly, most folks have already chimed in and it appears the advice they have provided in the past goes on deaf ears.  Granted, it is your credit and financial situation, then again why ask for advice when folks provide their best and honest opinion based on their own experience and in turn provide you with some good guidance?  However, self-discipline is something that needs to come from within and a commitment to stick to realistic goals and withdraw from just applying for credit when it's unnecessary.  As others have pointed out, you already have a decent TL mix... what gives?

Message 22 of 36
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Serious time in garden, for your own sake

hopefully you applied all at the same time so

these all fall off at the same time, I just don't get the

obsession with trying to have every credit card made,

you have a very nice lineup of cards, say to yourself, "I don't need anymore..."      I do wish you the best of luck

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 23 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

You do not need another card. It might be for the better that American Express denied your application. If you end up getting approved in the end, lucky you. If not, take it as a sign that you seriously need to stop. Being addicted to credit is not a good thing. 

Message 24 of 36
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

You do not need another card. It might be for the better that American Express denied your application. If you end up getting approved in the end, lucky you. If not, take it as a sign that you seriously need to stop. Being addicted to credit is not a good thing. 

+1

"Being addicted to credit is not a good thing." I really like this line lol. I think a lot of us on this site need to hear it every once in a while. It bears repeating! 

Message 25 of 36
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

If OP got approved in the end, that might generate some bad enticement to me. Smiley Happy

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 26 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

If OP got approved in the end, that might generate some bad enticement to me. Smiley Happy

Didn't Amex FR you and close your accounts?

@ilovelisa wrote:

So I know, I'm supposed to be gardening, I apped for the BCE and they pulled TU and denied me a couple of days later. They said my internal risk score was high, too many recent accounts opened, and too many inquiries, and they said my TU score of 717 was too low. I called the recon # I found on here, and told them that I regretted closing my Zync card, and regretted losing my relationship with Amex, I told them I would be fine with a $500 starting limit so I could be back with such a great company. Boy I laid it on thick lol. So he submitted my app for re-evaluation. Does anyone think I have the slightest chance of being approved even with a $500 limit. I also realize that if approved I will probably get auto FR'ed which this time I will fill out the form. And if denied again, should I call their exec #?

Assuming you're borderline approval, Amex will just ask you to unfreeze your EX & EQ and triple pull you during recon process.

They'll see the inquiries on the other 2 bureaus and I'm guessing the end result will be the same.

Your best bet is to garden and let inquiries fall off.

Get your documents ready as well. You will be FR'ed immediately once you're approved because you did not comply with the previous FR.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 36
Open123
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

I think if I could talk to a credit analyst, I could convince them to give a $500 limit with their highest interest rate. 

Maybe if you sweeten the pot and offer to pay a hefty annual fee?

Jokes aside, a $500 CL (Amex's min is $1,000) with 29.99% APR doesn't seem to justify the price of an inquiry and new account.  Though, at 20 inquiries, I don't see what harm an extra one or two could possibly cause.

No need to rush on Amex, since they backdate.  Just app in Jan of next year.

Message 28 of 36
bribro
Valued Contributor

82 inquiries? Good lord. That's almost an app every single week for 2 years. To garden you go.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 29 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bribro

Those 82 were just on 2 CBs.

I sincerely hope OP stops and takes a yearlong reprieve.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.