Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amex BCE

tag
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied Amex BCE

Two years might be even better, to make sure all the inquiries fall off.

Message 31 of 36
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Alright, TU is locked down now. No more inquiries!!

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 32 of 36
leoment
Frequent Contributor

OP, I think you might seriously have an app'ing problem.  I don't come on the boards that often, but I remember you for the crazy high number of inquiries you had/have.  I'd suggest adblocking anything that looks like it might be a CC app.  Take care of the cards you have and GARDEN.  No lender is going to take you seriously once they see how many times you've sought out credit.  Quite frankly, the fact that you haven't had AA from your current lenders is shocking imo.

I'd even suggest avoiding the MyFico boards once you've finally decided to stop apping.  This place can sometimes be triggering to app, especially when you see the success stories for others regarding approvals and CLIs.  

Good luck.  

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 33 of 36
JonStur
Established Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

Alright, TU is locked down now. No more inquiries!!

Good for you..if you have impulse tendencies then sometimes you have protect yourself from yourself.. I think we've given you all the tough love you need, now get back to the garden at once!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 34 of 36
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

So I know, I'm supposed to be gardening, I apped for the BCE and they pulled TU and denied me a couple of days later. They said my internal risk score was high, too many recent accounts opened, and too many inquiries, and they said my TU score of 717 was too low. I called the recon # I found on here, and told them that I regretted closing my Zync card, and regretted losing my relationship with Amex, I told them I would be fine with a $500 starting limit so I could be back with such a great company. Boy I laid it on thick lol. So he submitted my app for re-evaluation. Does anyone think I have the slightest chance of being approved even with a $500 limit. I also realize that if approved I will probably get auto FR'ed which this time I will fill out the form. And if denied again, should I call their exec #?

I know this is not OP with 82 INQ'SSmiley Sad

I have been in your corner the hole time but I must tell you the truth at this point.

Are you serious your just asking for trouble doing any app's are you looking to lose accounts due to AA,FR?

For your own good stop

+1...I will have to agree.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 35 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Glad you followed through with freezing TU. now, the hard part; keeping them frozen- all 3!
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.