Frequent Contributor

Denied Amex BCE

So I know, I'm supposed to be gardening, I apped for the BCE and they pulled TU and denied me a couple of days later. They said my internal risk score was high, too many recent accounts opened, and too many inquiries, and they said my TU score of 717 was too low. I called the recon # I found on here, and told them that I regretted closing my Zync card, and regretted losing my relationship with Amex, I told them I would be fine with a $500 starting limit so I could be back with such a great company. Boy I laid it on thick lol. So he submitted my app for re-evaluation. Does anyone think I have the slightest chance of being approved even with a $500 limit. I also realize that if approved I will probably get auto FR'ed which this time I will fill out the form. And if denied again, should I call their exec #?

Amex BCE $18,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $15,000 | Chase Freedom VS $20,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $4,200 | DCU $4,300 | Discover It $4,900 | Local Bank MC $4,125 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $9,000 | SallieMae Rewards $11,000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied Amex BCE

ilovelisa wrote:

So I know, I'm supposed to be gardening, I apped for the BCE and they pulled TU and denied me a couple of days later. They said my internal risk score was high, too many recent accounts opened, and too many inquiries, and they said my TU score of 717 was too low. I called the recon # I found on here, and told them that I regretted closing my Zync card, and regretted losing my relationship with Amex, I told them I would be fine with a $500 starting limit so I could be back with such a great company. Boy I laid it on thick lol. So he submitted my app for re-evaluation. Does anyone think I have the slightest chance of being approved even with a $500 limit. I also realize that if approved I will probably get auto FR'ed which this time I will fill out the form. And if denied again, should I call their exec #?

I know this is not OP with 82 INQ'S:smileysad:

I have been in your corner the hole time but I must tell you the truth at this point.

Are you serious your just asking for trouble doing any app's are you looking to lose accounts due to AA,FR?

For your own good stop

+ Chase ink =

Frequent Contributor

The 82 are only on EQ and EX. They are both frozen. No more inquiries on those for 3 months.  My TU has 20, it is not frozen, and thats the CR Amex pulled for BCE.

Amex BCE $18,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $15,000 | Chase Freedom VS $20,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $4,200 | DCU $4,300 | Discover It $4,900 | Local Bank MC $4,125 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $9,000 | SallieMae Rewards $11,000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

ilovelisa wrote:

The 82 are only on EQ and EX. They are both frozen. No more inquiries on those for 3 months.  My TU has 20, it is not frozen, and thats the CR Amex pulled for BCE.

they will still show accounts for annual reviews along with INQ's

+ Chase ink =

Frequent Contributor

You do understand that 20 inqs is still high, right? You should freeze all your reports until they all report less than 5 inqs. . .

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
New Contributor

82?!?  Wow.

Do I think your chances of approval are good? Honestly, no. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you close your Zync cause they contacted you and you didn't want to comply? I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like the pattern has changed- your accts are still new, relatively speaking to a lender. If you wanted to try again, you probably should have waited at least a year since you closed the Zync.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Op have 100 inquiries on his/her account and he/she think it's okay lol........Stay on garden except looking for some 500,1k, 2k credit line. Be patient then your time should paid back.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

New Contributor

Horse?  Hello?  (swift kick!).  Horse? Hello? (swift kick!).  Repeat 82x......

Frequent Contributor

09Lexie wrote:
Do I think your chances of approval are good? Honestly, no. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you close your Zync cause they contacted you and you didn't want to comply? I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like the pattern has changed- your accts are still new, relatively speaking to a lender. If you wanted to try again, you probably should have waited at least a year since you closed the Zync.

I think if I could talk to a credit analyst, I could convince them to give a $500 limit with their highest interest rate. The closing of the Zync was a huge mistake, I should have complied, but I hated the rewards, and idea of paying the AF which were reasons for closing it. I would happily comply this time if asked. I KNOW I need to stop apping. I really need to freeze my TU so no more inquiries at all. I will call TU tomorrow, because when I tried to freeze it online, it says it cannot verify my identity. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.