cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amzon store card without a hard pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Amzon store card without a hard pull?

I applied for the regular amazon store card last week but received a 14 days letter. so i called in the recon line and was told i got denied.. but they never did a HP. can anyone explain? should i call back th erecon line? thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Amzon store card without a hard pull?

Blacklisted? Have you ever burned synchrony?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had an Amazon card. coukd there be any other reasons? Should I call back and recon further?
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, SYNCB does not reconsider declined applications.  What reasons did they list on the letter that you received?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

well synchrony hosts many different store cards. honestly, if you didn't get a HP and were denied then i would take that as a sign and wait a bit. hate for you to get a HP from asking and denied again.

butttt.... you'll never know unless you try. up to you
Message 5 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

I'd wait for the letter and see what it says before applying again. plus they don't like multiple applications submitted to close to each other.
Did you apply before within the past 30 days and get denied? Sometimes they won't pull your credit again and just auto deny you and the letter would say too many applications submitted within x amount of time.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last time I tried to apply was back in December, and I can't be black listed. I just received my first credit card back in november 2015.
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The last time I tried to apply was back in December, and I can't be black listed. I just received my first credit card back in november 2015.

Have you received the letter with the reasons for being declined?  If the reasons are not due to any verification instances, then SYNCB will not reconsider.  You'd neet to wait and reapply.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's likely it right there, they are going by that December pull still....your letter will likely have the same reasons from that and show the score date from December. It's the same with their CLI too for some reason, I wish I knew how soon to reapply to make sure they were pulling new updated information.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.