Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied By CITI!

tag
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Denied By CITI!

My credit score on EQ has risen to a 691 and so I wanted to try and get a decent low apr CC through a good company so I chose CITI.

They denied me due to having several new accounts and too many inquiries! They are counting all the inquiries made by the different lending institutions when I bought my car BS!

I tried recon to no avail, she basically said that I needed to show her an updated report without the inq's on it and showing that the accounts have aged more than a year. 

Screw them I am done and have now wasted an inq, what is another good visa/mastercard company to apply with.  I dont want wamu, or cap1, or chase , and I already got another amex.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied By CITI!

Hmmm, maybe i'll hold off apping w/citi as my EQ's about 40 pts lower and I do have some new accts (3 in the past 2 mos.).  How many new accts and inqs did you have?  Were # of inqs/new accts the only reasons for denial?  Did you try whogavemecredit to see what other kind of cards are good- BA, maybe?

Message 2 of 25
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Citi hates Inqs.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 25
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

I just app'd for citi and it said: further processing is required and I will be notified within 30 days... Is this a denial? Should I call them now????
Message 4 of 25
boauld
Valued Member

how many is inquiries is too many for them???? I have 15 the last two years
Message 5 of 25
boauld
Valued Member

@scramblingin2007 wrote:
I just app'd for citi and it said: further processing is required and I will be notified within 30 days... Is this a denial? Should I call them now????

I would find out why.... So you know, they will tell you I did that earlyier to day but since I have my EQ lock I got the same response.
Message 6 of 25
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

I'm gonna call them now. thanks!
Message 7 of 25
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

I have 17 inqs, and the majority of them were from when I apped for a car.  She told me more than 3 was an instant denial for a 6 month period I believe.
Message 8 of 25
boauld
Valued Member

well that's good to know I applied for the aa advantage card and I got the 30 day note so I called this morning they told it was be cause I locked my CR so they didnt pull it I'm glad cause that means I'm right on the edge I have one in April so maybe maybe not I have a 711 score so idk

Message Edited by boauld on 05-29-2008 01:00 PM
Message 9 of 25
lisac
Regular Contributor

citi told me i was denied for 3 inq. 2 were from them including the one they denied me with.  plus an au on one of dh high util card.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.