Regular Contributor
gNaRKiLL

Denied By CITI!

My credit score on EQ has risen to a 691 and so I wanted to try and get a decent low apr CC through a good company so I chose CITI.

They denied me due to having several new accounts and too many inquiries! They are counting all the inquiries made by the different lending institutions when I bought my car BS!

I tried recon to no avail, she basically said that I needed to show her an updated report without the inq's on it and showing that the accounts have aged more than a year. 

Screw them I am done and have now wasted an inq, what is another good visa/mastercard company to apply with.  I dont want wamu, or cap1, or chase , and I already got another amex.

Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

Re: Denied By CITI!

Hmmm, maybe i'll hold off apping w/citi as my EQ's about 40 pts lower and I do have some new accts (3 in the past 2 mos.).  How many new accts and inqs did you have?  Were # of inqs/new accts the only reasons for denial?  Did you try whogavemecredit to see what other kind of cards are good- BA, maybe?

Established Contributor
unknown_entity

Citi hates Inqs.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

I just app'd for citi and it said: further processing is required and I will be notified within 30 days... Is this a denial? Should I call them now????
Valued Member
boauld

how many is inquiries is too many for them???? I have 15 the last two years
Valued Member
boauld

scramblingin2007 wrote:
I just app'd for citi and it said: further processing is required and I will be notified within 30 days... Is this a denial? Should I call them now????

I would find out why.... So you know, they will tell you I did that earlyier to day but since I have my EQ lock I got the same response.
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

I'm gonna call them now. thanks!
Regular Contributor
gNaRKiLL

I have 17 inqs, and the majority of them were from when I apped for a car.  She told me more than 3 was an instant denial for a 6 month period I believe.
Valued Member
boauld

[ Edited ]
well that's good to know I applied for the aa advantage card and I got the 30 day note so I called this morning they told it was be cause I locked my CR so they didnt pull it I'm glad cause that means I'm right on the edge I have one in April so maybe maybe not I have a 711 score so idk

Message Edited by boauld on 05-29-2008 01:00 PM
Regular Contributor
lisac

citi told me i was denied for 3 inq. 2 were from them including the one they denied me with.  plus an au on one of dh high util card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}