Did you mean: 

Denied CLI - BofA

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied CLI - BofA

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

For poops and giggles I just tried the login link for members and got the plat, gold plus, and two blues. Seems it's back to its old tricks!

Smiley Happy

and no, I didn't app.

Same old, same old for me, too. What's really funny is that the card that I have is the Gold Rewards Plus, and that's one that's "offered." Obviously, not exactly a tailored offer. Smiley Wink (The featured Blues are the straight Blue and Blue Sky.)

Although when I log in, it dangles the Blue Cash at me.

I get zero dangling offers!  That's about the most excitement i've come to expect from amex!  Well -- that or an auto cli.  I'm going to product change to some boring old zero AF amex in july or so.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Although when I log in, it dangles the Blue Cash at me.

I had the dangling Blue Cash offer for about a month.  Then it went away and nothing's come back to replace it! (Except stuff like "Earn rewards faster!  Add an Authorized User to your account today!"...Um, yeah, I already have one, but thanks.)

Message 32 of 51
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm with Peas--I'll probably convert it to a straight Blue when the AF is due next year. I'll have to have a drastic change in my lifestyle to justify the Gold's fees. But I'm way too alarmed by the revolvers at this point to want to mess with them. Maybe after a year with the Gold they'll be resigned to my nuttiness and not give me a bunch of crap.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm with Peas--I'll probably convert it to a straight Blue when the AF is due next year. I'll have to have a drastic change in my lifestyle to justify the Gold's fees. But I'm way too alarmed by the revolvers at this point to want to mess with them. Maybe after a year with the Gold they'll be resigned to my nuttiness and not give me a bunch of crap.

Can't convert from charge card (Gold) to CC (Blue), HTSU. Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 51
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

You're right--I didn't mean a literal conversion, but a swap. Thanks, it's taking me a while to learn to speak AmEx-ese! Smiley Wink

BTW, you touched on this on another post: as long as whatever card I replace it with can be in the same Rewards program, would I still be able to access any accumulated points after closing the Gold? I'm assuming the timing would be to pick up the Blue about 3 months before planning to close the Gold, to give it time to get up and running. I haven't really researched this yet, so I might be completely in left field.

edit: hmmm, just looked at the info on the Blue, and it seems to plug into Membership Rewards Express. Isn't this sort of their Rewards Lite program? Although I thought that if you had both a charge and a credit card, you could combine the points in one program or another. Clever little AmEx...

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-30-2008 09:51 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're right--I didn't mean a literal conversion, but a swap. Thanks, it's taking me a while to learn to speak AmEx-ese! Smiley Wink

BTW, you touched on this on another post: as long as whatever card I replace it with can be in the same Rewards program, would I still be able to access any accumulated points after closing the Gold? I'm assuming the timing would be to pick up the Blue about 3 months before planning to close the Gold, to give it time to get up and running. I haven't really researched this yet, so I might be completely in left field.

Yep, that's right.  You won't lose your MR points if you get a different card and close the Gold because the MR points actually accumulate in a MR account that you just enroll your card in.

Having said that, all of the charge cards are eligible to enroll in MR, but if you're planning to get a CC later, the only one that is eligible is the Blue, and you'll have to pay something like $40 for it.  (Othersie it participate in something called Membership Rewards Express, which is like a lite version of MR, but the points are not interchangeable.)  Make sense, or did I confuse you more? Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

edit: hmmm, just looked at the info on the Blue, and it seems to plug into Membership Rewards Express. Isn't this sort of their Rewards Lite program? Although I thought that if you had both a charge and a credit card, you could combine the points in one program or another. Clever little AmEx...

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-30-2008 09:51 AM

Yep, that's what I touched on in my post above.  Blue can participate in MR rather than MR Express, but it will cost you $40.

Message 37 of 51
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Cheddar-

can you just tell me which card to swap my Amex DG for?

Thanks!  lol

Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

hualing - you are right. you can move points from the gold to blue and vice vera. my step mom did it last year. it required asking for a manager in the "points/rewards" dept, but once he came on the phone he was great and did it two minutes!
Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Cheddar-

can you just tell me which card to swap my Amex DG for?

Thanks!  lol

Smiley Wink

Hmmm...that really depends on what kind of rewards will be useful for you and how much you plan to pump through the card and in which categories.

Personally, I have my eye on Blue Sky once my AF on the Delta comes due.  Although the Delta has been very good to me.  I have enough miles now for a first class ticket anywhere in the continental US, and I've only had the card five months.

I like BlueSky because there are no restrictions on how you redeem your rewards for travel.  7500 points = $100 statement credit on any travel-related purchase = 1.33% back...no hassle...book whatever airline or hotel you want and just get the statement credit.  Also no AF.

I LOVE my Delta and would keep it forever if it weren't for the $95 AF.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.