Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied CLI for Walmart & Old Navy

tag
Sha80
New Contributor

Re: Denied CLI for Walmart & Old Navy

I tried the back door number and explained that Walmart is in my backyard so I basically live in the store. I buy gas, household items, & groceries there bc we live in a rather rural area. Of the $600 I max it and pay it down almost twice a month. During the holidays I paid it off weekly.

Starting Score: EQ: 605 (10/21/2012) Trans/Walmart: 641(10/26/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 11 of 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:

I tried the back door number and explained that Walmart is in my backyard so I basically live in the store. I buy gas, household items, & groceries there bc we live in a rather rural area. Of the $600 I max it and pay it down almost twice a month. During the holidays I paid it off weekly.

was this today? 

can you list all your cards? 

do you happen to use credit karma? (i use that as a guide to whats reporting or not) on tu anyways. 

if you only have 1200 in credit that 200 dollars is going to hurt! 

if you add up all your limits and your balances and then  blances/limits= less than 9%. then they have too soft you and then alas a cli!

have you tried gw the companies you had lates with? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:

6 lates oin total in 7 years reporting. Filed Ch 13 6/08 discharged early 10/12. My highest limit now is $1000 with Cap 1 Plat, Spark, & Merrick. Merrick should auto increase to $2000 with my 8th statement on the 14th. My Trans does not report my BK. EX & EQ have 6 negs all discharged. Chase & Cap 1 were burned but with low amounts. Less than $1000 each. Hope this helps.

Well the highlighted might just be the proverbial pink elephant in the room here.  I too have a chp 13 filed early 2007 and discharged 2012.  I still have 3 baddie TL's that will fall off in the next few months with the 7 year mark.  My bk is to fall off early next year.  Perhaps that is what they don't like seeing - the baddies left over from bk.  I have tried twice for a CLI and it has been a no go for me.  They gave me $1K when I opened it in Aug/Sept (can't remember exactly).  So with this news you just said I will let these baddies disappear and then ask for a CLI.  

I really think since obviously they knew about the bk when they approved me, that these baddie TL's are the only thing that could be preventing extending more credit....that is with Wally's anyway.  My JCP started off at 300 in Sept and now its at 1500 and the Amazon store approved me for 1200 in November.  Since all 3 of these are GECRB then I can only conclude that my hypothesis is only relative to Wally's.  Anyway the next few months will tell the story for me.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 20
Sha80
New Contributor

Yes this was today. I joined credit karma. It reported me with a 640 credit score. 

Cap1 Plat- 1k

Cap1 Spark-1k

Cap1 Rewards-$500

Cap1(former Household) $400

Credit1- $600

Walmart-$600

Target-$200

Old Navy-$300

JCP-$200

Per both reps each request was a soft pull for the CLI's. 

Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 14 of 20
Sha80
New Contributor

Correction: one of my baddies is a Verizon paid collection. The other 5 are discharged. According to Credit Karma my AAOA is 1.6 and my oldest is 4.4. I don't see how that's possible when I have 9 year old student loans.

Message 15 of 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:

Correction: one of my baddies is a Verizon paid collection. The other 5 are discharged. According to Credit Karma my AAOA is 1.6 and my oldest is 4.4. I don't see how that's possible when I have 9 year old student loans.

take what you get on ck with a grain of salt. as i said i only use it too see my reporting balances.. 

the score is garbage, my grandmother made an account there and her score was 780 with 70% utilization. while my mother with a bk7 was 680 and mine was 675 (now 660) 

ck also does not factor in closed accounts. 

the pulls may have been soft but are you sure they are up to date pulls?

my guess is the bk13 thats reporting as well. 

i would call back and just ask for anything that they will give you at this point? 

another thing i saw is that you only opened the card in oct? rule of them is to wait 4 statement cycles. that could be something as well. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:

6 lates oin total in 7 years reporting. Filed Ch 13 6/08 discharged early 10/12. My highest limit now is $1000 with Cap 1 Plat, Spark, & Merrick. Merrick should auto increase to $2000 with my 8th statement on the 14th. My Trans does not report my BK. EX & EQ have 6 negs all discharged. Chase & Cap 1 were burned but with low amounts. Less than $1000 each. Hope this helps.

Is your Merrick a secured card?  I have had their secured card for 6.2 years.  My limit was $1000 for a long time and finally they started giving CLIs.  I think it was because I actually started using the card!

I got a CLI from Walmart by calling the backdoor number, I actually kept getting people in Atlanta who were very rude, then I got India and they were nice and increased the limit to $1000 from $500,  I think that was at the 3rd month!?!  I actually wanted a higher limit as I wanted to be offered the Walmart Discover card faster and I thought a higher limit would do that, now I don't even care as I just got approved for a real Discover!  I think it is helpful to tell them that you want to purchase something and have a dollar amount in mind for the purchase and that you want to take advantage of special financing offered.  Don't worry from what I have read, as long as you are responsible with the card, then you will get great CLI's in the future with their cards from what I have read. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 17 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:

I don't think that student loans are considered into AAoA.  I think only credit cards are.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 18 of 20
Sha80
New Contributor

No all cards are unsecured.

Message 19 of 20
Sha80
New Contributor

That may be so but you made me think I need to verify my previous mortgage is reporting accurately. It would have been 7 years next month with only one 30 day late prior to my stay order.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.