Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Cap 1 CLI

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Denied Cap 1 CLI

My use of the auto luv button failed. I waited the six months and then got told I am not using my existing credit line enough to warrant a CLI. With a 5k credit line I use the card every month for at least $450. Some months maybe two grand. Unfortunatly, its not the card I want to put the majority of my spend on, so it looks like I will be stuck at 5k. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Denied Cap 1 CLI

@red259 wrote:

My use of the auto luv button failed. I waited the six months and then got told I am not using my existing credit line enough to warrant a CLI. With a 5k credit line I use the card every month for at least $450. Some months maybe two grand. Unfortunatly, its not the card I want to put the majority of my spend on, so it looks like I will be stuck at 5k. 

My partner got the same denial for his reqest from $15k up to $25k

Message 2 of 9
red259
Super Contributor

I wonder if its worth contacting the EO and making the argument that I need a higher balance for future travel. Sometimes when I travel the hotel rooms and rental cards have a lot of holds on my card that can reduce the amount of available credit and it can take a few days for those holds to drop off. Howevr, I'm not going to max out the card in the hope that I can get a CLI. I would not want to miss out on that many UR points. 

;
Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I wonder if its worth contacting the EO and making the argument that I need a higher balance for future travel. Sometimes when I travel the hotel rooms and rental cards have a lot of holds on my card that can reduce the amount of available credit and it can take a few days for those holds to drop off. Howevr, I'm not going to max out the card in the hope that I can get a CLI. I would not want to miss out on that many UR points. 

Hi ya Red

Sorry to hear this Yes yes yes EO route is the way to go 

Need help PM me

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@red259 wrote:

oh I thought you went through EO and got that answer... I would for sure call them if that was the online results!

Message 5 of 9
red259
Super Contributor

When I contact the EO how much of an increase should I ask for?

;
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@red259 wrote:

$20k it doesn't matter... they will ask if you will take less and you can say yes!

Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Request 10k you can always go back in 6 months 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Request 10k you can always go back in 6 months 

tell them i'll take 10K now...and i'll be back in 6 months Smiley Very Happy lmao...kidding aside, gl op! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.