cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Care Credit & Amazon store card

Frequent Contributor

Denied Care Credit & Amazon store card

I hate the waiting to find out why..the Amazon backdoor (GE), was of no help..just said I'd get a letter in 7-10 days why. Although he did say that sometimes new loans could deny it (but our refinances wouldn't show THAT quick, would they??) I forgot to ask what credit report they pulled. Care credit was also a no-go, too. Haven't had time to call the care credit # yet to find out why.

Discover pulled EQ, as did USAA (twice - one for refinance x 2 and the usaa visa). Walmart, Discover and USAA were approved yesterday, Care credit and Amazon store card weren't. Kinda miffs me off, haha. I was wanting a 5 for 5!!! Hubby was 2 for 2 - Walmart and Chase Freedom, so he's happy.

On a side note, added 3 inq's to my EQ report, and it only dropped 2 points Smiley Happy Got the FICO scorewatch today. I imagine it'll tank though, once the new accounts report Smiley Sad I'm thinking maybe Amazon and Care Credit pulled EQ, and those new inquiries scared them off..

Do I still have any hope of getting the two I was denied for? I could actually use care credit, as my teeth are total crap (break when I eat toast, not kidding.), and I spend a fair amount of money and time at the dentist office.

Starting Score: 492 02/12
Current Score: TU: 668 (FICO), EQ: 668 (FICO). EX: 651(lender pull 9/27/12)
Goal Score: 660

3 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Denied Care Credit & Amazon store card

I use the Care Credit one as well and they always give me financing options with 0% interest.

I haven't called BK as the approval was instantaneous and we raised the CL from 3k to 5.5k over the automated phone system with SP.

Your scores are right and I don't know of baddies but if you can get the recon in and get the card, it will serve you very well.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Frequent Contributor

Last baddies were Roomstore & Helzberg CO from 2009 (tough pregnancy kicked my butt, and we couldn't keep everything on a police officer's salary!), but they've both been paid.

I can do without Amazon..still don't know why I apped for that one..probably riding the high of my USAA and Discover cards Smiley Happy I do want that Care Credit, though..

Starting Score: 492 02/12
Current Score: TU: 668 (FICO), EQ: 668 (FICO). EX: 651(lender pull 9/27/12)
Goal Score: 660

Valued Member

JPersat wrote:

I hate the waiting to find out why..the Amazon backdoor (GE), was of no help..just said I'd get a letter in 7-10 days why. Although he did say that sometimes new loans could deny it (but our refinances wouldn't show THAT quick, would they??) I forgot to ask what credit report they pulled. Care credit was also a no-go, too. Haven't had time to call the care credit # yet to find out why.

Discover pulled EQ, as did USAA (twice - one for refinance x 2 and the usaa visa). Walmart, Discover and USAA were approved yesterday, Care credit and Amazon store card weren't. Kinda miffs me off, haha. I was wanting a 5 for 5!!! Hubby was 2 for 2 - Walmart and Chase Freedom, so he's happy.

On a side note, added 3 inq's to my EQ report, and it only dropped 2 points Smiley Happy Got the FICO scorewatch today. I imagine it'll tank though, once the new accounts report Smiley Sad I'm thinking maybe Amazon and Care Credit pulled EQ, and those new inquiries scared them off..

Do I still have any hope of getting the two I was denied for? I could actually use care credit, as my teeth are total crap (break when I eat toast, not kidding.), and I spend a fair amount of money and time at the dentist office.

GE usually pulls TU.

I also applied for the amazon and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

On the bright side: About 2 week ago I applied for a Lowe's also from GE and was given the same message.

But today I got an alert from the scorewatch that my new account from Lowe's was reporting Smiley Happy

Ugh, I know that feeling. I applied for the Lowe's after I got approved for Walmart, JCP and Gap thinking it was going

to be an instant approval.

We just got to wait and see. Meanwhile hope for the best.

Rebuilding Mode!