Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied.. Chase Freedom

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

Denied.. Chase Freedom

Applied on 8/20 just got letter in the mail denying me due to inquiries.. is it worth it to recon. has anyone else been denied for this reason? anyone had recon success based off this reason?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied.. Chase Freedom

How many INQ's do you have? Are they all for CC's? It is always worth a recon, you already took the hard pull.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

It means you have been applying for too much new credit recently and need to slow down.  Good job getting into NFCU.  Now settle down and build some history.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 17
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I was denied for insufficient credit post-BK(2 years ago), they said that was the main reason. I have a ton of inq's lately, but I dont remember them mentioning any of that.  Recon denied as well.

Message 4 of 17
Mellon
Established Contributor

i have 10.. a couple have been for mortgage refiniance, and student loans. about 5 for credit (one including Chase from an app earlier this year).. I'm going to give it a try

Message 5 of 17
Mellon
Established Contributor

Just spoke with a rep named Chris and he asked me a few questions about the inquiries and verified my personal  information... placed me on hold for about 2 minutes.. and came back approved for $2500Smiley Happy This was the last card that I wanted to add to my collection. I am done for a while!!!

Message 6 of 17
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

RECON...why waste an inq knowing you have been busy apping.....but as Dave said slow down and garden. Once you recon STOP apping

I have read on here that CHASE is flexible when recon'd even better if you have some type of assets with them...Good Luck but stop app'ing your hurting urself in the long run if you continue

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 7 of 17
Mellon
Established Contributor

I hear you.. I am done!!

Message 8 of 17
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Mind if I ask your scores?

Message 9 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

CONRGATS!! AWESOME! Isnt RECON great???

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.