Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Citi Diamond Preferred

tag
ccole93
New Contributor

Denied Citi Diamond Preferred

Not going to lie, I'm a bit irritated. I app'd a few days ago--I haven't even gotten my denial letter yet--but my FICO score is 750 and I alread have a ThankYou Preferred with them (which I REALLY don't like. It has a weird rewards system). I have four inquiries from the past seven months including the one for the DP. I was considering recon but a lot of people have no luck reconning with Citi. 

From left to right: NPSL; $10k; $6.2k; $4.5k; $4k; $3.5k; $2.75k; $2.3k
Other CCs: $2.5k American Eagle Visa, $2.2k Old Navy Visa, $1.7k Amazon Store; $1.55k BillMeLater; $800 B&N CC; $750 A&F CC
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied Citi Diamond Preferred

Any baddies?
Message 2 of 13
ccole93
New Contributor

Nope. Perfect payment history since I turned 18, so about three years now.

Other CCs: $2.5k American Eagle Visa, $2.2k Old Navy Visa, $1.7k Amazon Store; $1.55k BillMeLater; $800 B&N CC; $750 A&F CC
Message 3 of 13
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

The fico score is good. Any balance on your current citi card? Did you apply for each one the same day?
Message 4 of 13
ccole93
New Contributor

Nope, don't carry a balance. I got it... three months ago? Might be four by now. I thought already having a card with them would help my chances, but apparently not, haha.

Message 5 of 13
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I don't understand.. Do you have long credit history?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the same thing on Citi recons. However you already took the HP so remember: "... nothing ventured nothing gained...". Your cards and depth of credit would appear to warrant more than a denial. The Citi Diamond Preferred is suppose to be easier to obtain than the Citi Thank You Preferred. Recon.
Message 7 of 13
keithB
Established Contributor

@ccole93 wrote:

--but my FICO score is 750

And which FICO is that? Equifax, Experian or TransUnion?  When did you get the ThankYou card?  Did you apply for other credit after getting the ThankYou card? What is the ThankYou card's usage?  What is your total utilization?  What is your highest utilization card?  When was your last HP? I know Capital One watches HPs after they give you a card so stands to reason Citi does the same at times.

Message 8 of 13
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Call the recon line and ask if they can move your CL from your TYP. If recon doesn't work try retention. Citi normally doesn't do this but if you are closing the TYP in an attempt to open the Diamond Preferred they may be willing to work with you to keep your business. I've had nothing but poor experiences with them and plan on closing my TYP very soon.

☮ & ❤
Message 9 of 13
ccole93
New Contributor

Equifax. I got it in March and utilization is ~10%. I just app'd for this so it's been roughly four months since my TY approval. My total utilization is ~20% and the highest card is my CSP. My last HP was about a week ago... maybe that's why?

I'm a bit flummoxed but it's no big deal. Would've been nice to have... I'll try recon later on. Can anyone PM me the number? I've read around that the one listed on the forum isn't the right one any longer.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.