Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Citi Forward: I don't get it

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Citi Forward: I don't get it

Thank you...but unfortunately I already have a Chase and Discover card currently in 0% period. With this new insight...I'm hoping CITI just flat deny it b/c I did call again for a recon and the agent said they put a note on my application to be reviewed again. I just figured I could PC this card later on to the Dividend maybe.

I did try the prequal link. Its horrible. It says there are no current offers but then suggests I apply to "this" card which will surely be denied.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

sucks too hear maiden. 

ive been getting crazy letters from them, but cant take the inq.... 

if they did a 18month no fee transfer id be all over it. 

let us know how the recon goes. 

ive heard crazy stories of people denied because of no balances on any cards. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Thank you...but unfortunately I already have a Chase and Discover card currently in 0% period. With this new insight...I'm hoping CITI just flat deny it b/c I did call again for a recon and the agent said they put a note on my application to be reviewed again. I just figured I could PC this card later on to the Dividend maybe.

I did try the prequal link. Its horrible. It says there are no current offers but then suggests I apply to "this" card which will surely be denied.

How old are your 2 Chase Cards?

Have you tried the pre-qual link and get a no on them too?

Message 13 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Maidengirl, I hope you realize that by "reviewing" your app again, they are prob going to hp you AGAIN. I got hp'ed 4-5 times when reconning with Citi, and it took two months.
My advice: ask them for recon a few times w the same report. If denied after 3-4 times, go to the EO. I got denied for opening two new accounts in six months- a completely rediculous reason, and it was the only reason, even with my FICOs over 700. Ultimately though, I got approved for a $5k Citi Diamond Preferred!
Good luck, but prepare for battle! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 20
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Maidengirl, I hope you realize that by "reviewing" your app again, they are prob going to hp you AGAIN. I got hp'ed 4-5 times when reconning with Citi, and it took two months.
My advice: ask them for recon a few times w the same report. If denied after 3-4 times, go to the EO. I got denied for opening two new accounts in six months- a completely rediculous reason, and it was the only reason, even with my FICOs over 700. Ultimately though, I got approved for a $5k Citi Diamond Preferred!
Good luck, but prepare for battle! Lol

They better not HP me again only to get the same report and I'm stuck with two inquires from the same bank. When I called again, the agent said she could see my inquires were from my recent auto loan and told me to be on the look out for an email. Don't know how true this is but that's what the Citi agent told me. Lol. We shall see!!

Message 15 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Citi is very likely to pull at least once more during a recon process.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 20
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Fingers crossed for you!!!

*8/10/13
Message 17 of 20
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Thank you all! Will keep you posted Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Thank you all! Will keep you posted Smiley Happy

Good luck you know I have my fingers crossed for you 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 20
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

I had about 15 inqs on TU and about 8 on EX when I applied for the Citi Forward. I'm sure you'll get approved. Good luck.
AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.