cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover IT card, for how long? what are alternatives?

tag
toomchz4u
Valued Member

Re: Denied Discover IT card, for how long? what are alternatives?

I don't think there is a set time. As obvious from the different results of above posters. I'm in the same boat as original poster. Charged off discover back in 15 and settled and paid for less. Been denied twice for secured and regular discover and the last time the charged off account was cited as the reason. My fico score is in the 680's now and I've acquired around 16 cards since starting my rebuild in 12/15 including getting back in with some banks i burned but paid in full or settled with inclucing Synchrony (marvel mastercard), capital one (3 cards), American Express (ED, BCE, and green card). These banks don't seem to have a set time frame on the grudges they hold. I still have not been able to get back in with Discover or Barclays. One thing I did do and I'm not sure if this will help heal the wound with Discover is I added myself as an authorized user on my 19 year old sons (college student) Discover account. Figured it can't hurt having my social floating around in their system on a positive paid on time account and then I may try again with them next year. Good luck with your credit!!!
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.