Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover It

tag
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Denied Discover It

So I have the Discover More Card at 1.5K since October 2012.

Will I now get denied a CLI next month since they denied me the It just now?

Also, I opened a Barclay card last week with a 500 limit (da hell?!), will Barclay action my account?  Should I call and lye to them and say like Discover was "verifying my address" and pulled the CR after address verification and that I applied the same time I app'd for Barclay card?  

UGH.  

#Lifeproblems. Lol. 

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Discover It

Why wouldn't you just call customer service and ask them to product change the more to the it? Discover doesn't usually like giving people multiple cards, I don't think.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 23
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Because I want two cards from Discover!

PS, go Bruins!  Good luck on finals.  WE shohould be studying. LOL.

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 3 of 23
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Lol! Another bruin... Excellent! I just took all of my on campus finals today. I still have two big papers, but I'm on em! Good luck on yours!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 23
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

I have two papers due, too! Grrrrr.
Message 5 of 23
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

What is your major D-money?

My Wallet:
Message 6 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

Why wouldn't you just call customer service and ask them to product change the more to the it? Discover doesn't usually like giving people multiple cards, I don't think.

Correct.  Their multicard policy is still somewhat sketchy as they are trying to drive away from accountholders having multiple product types, essentially attempting to unify their product line to IT.  Although not as common, there is a universe of folks who still carry two different products, which is usually the current Discover maximum.

However, I agree with Swapmeet - OP why not just convert your current Discover More card to the IT?  It seems, based on consensus, that it's quite a seamless process.  In addition to some enhanced benefits, if you currently have 2 or 3 unexpired card designs from your current More, those can still be used once you convert to the IT until the expiration date of those cards.  Of course, ultimately your preference but you can always contact them to see about your account's elegibility.

Message 7 of 23
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Nursing. Whadduppppp! ;-) I be making that bank!
Message 8 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 23
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Thank you, Fin Star!

And nope, Lexie, gotta call tomorrow.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.