Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover It

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Denied Discover It

My utilization is at 2% on Equifax and I have Bank of America, Barclays, Capitalone cards all with at least 2.5k to 3k limits and PIF every month. 

The two people I called at the recon department said because it was an online denial there is nothing they can do Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

My utilization is at 2% on Equifax and I have Bank of America, Barclays, Capitalone cards all with at least 2.5k to 3k limits and PIF every month. 

The two people I called at the recon department said because it was an online denial there is nothing they can do Smiley Sad

Assuming no adverse changes on your CRs, you'll likely be approved by applying again in 6 months.

Message 12 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thanks! I am going to stay in the garden till Feb-March 2015. I am wishing I would applied with Chase because they are so much better at reconing but oh well!

Message 13 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I bit the bullet and apped. EQ Score 655, 9 1/2 year bankruptcy reporting.

Called in for a recon and the lady said with a bk reportinf they can not approve me. Hustled me off the phone. My bk did not include discover.
I am bummed, was hoping at least for the secured option. The lady did not even offer a manual review

Is something else holding your score down? Seems low after 9 1/2 years.. Is your util increased at the moment? Discover seems to be pretty "BK friendly" after 2 years of solid rebuilding.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 18
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

That answer from Discover is a crock. I got approved on recon with a BK showing after 8 1/2 years. Funny thing is a just closed the IT card after having it for two years since it was my lowest limit and not willing to take a HP for Discover. I would call back

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 15 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have 2 paid charge offs from 2010 and an unpaid charge off from 2008 which is attached to a midland collection that will fall off my report next year. I jumped the gun. I was hoping for the secured card to get my foot in the door. 

I pulled the myfico 3 report view yesterday;

EQ- 655 2% revolving AAOA 5 years, history 12 years.

TU- 668 1% revolving AAOA 5 years, history 11 years.

EX- 651 2% revolving AAOA 6 years, history 12 years. 

Each one indicates payment history - good, amounts owed - very good, lenght of credit - good, new credit - not good. 

Message 16 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I have 2 paid charge offs from 2010 and an unpaid charge off from 2008 which is attached to a midland collection that will fall off my report next year. I jumped the gun. I was hoping for the secured card to get my foot in the door. 

I pulled the myfico 3 report view yesterday;

EQ- 655 2% revolving AAOA 5 years, history 12 years.

TU- 668 1% revolving AAOA 5 years, history 11 years.

EX- 651 2% revolving AAOA 6 years, history 12 years. 

Each one indicates payment history - good, amounts owed - very good, lenght of credit - good, new credit - not good. 

I don't think it is the BK itself but more the baddies after the BK. Better luck next time!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 17 of 18
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Hi Scupra.  I filed Ch 7one year ago and have two revolving and an installment.  660 Equifax.  I got denied by Discover.  I'm sure I app'd too soon, but i'm curious how others have fared following the 24 months from ch. 7 to 700 plan.  In that the OP, Soulmaster, does recommend Discover and Barclay's as the first couple of unsecured cards (though later in the process than I app'd).  I have since done lots more research and I'm seeing lots of people with 7 year old Ch 7's getting declined for "bankruptcy on file."  Have you app'd for it?  Just curious.  Also nobody in the 54 pages of the thread 24 months to 700 after ch. 7 indicates receiving a Discover card.  I don't actually care, I got a $3000 from Capital One (Quicksilver 1) the same night, a week ago.  Discover is not widely accepted, has low limits,etc.  I did want the free FICO score, though.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.