Reply
New Contributor
tinom1234
Posts: 96
Registered: ‎11-15-2008
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)

Not sure...maybe it's because of the old BK I have or because my current Chase card was maxed for a long time before I completely paid it off in June....

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12
Posts: 1,954
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)


tinom1234 wrote:

Not sure...maybe it's because of the old BK I have or because my current Chase card was maxed for a long time before I completely paid it off in June....


I'm no analyst, but I would also say it's because of the bankruptcy. I wouldn't apply for any other Chase cards, because if you get approved, you may have to close it later to obtain a high enough limit for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I would say keep using and paying the Chase card you have now and when the bankruptcy is gone, apply again. You can try to increase the limits you have, but you definitely do not have to have a limit of 5000 before they will give it to you.

New Contributor
Home2014
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎07-10-2013
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)


tinom1234 wrote:

Home2014 wrote:

I'm on pins and needles. GL!

 

I apped yesterday and got the same message. Gonna call around lunchtime EST.


 

Good luck!! Let us know!


Approved for $6K! 

 

I jumped in front of any reasons for denial by immediately going into why I wanted the card and stating, "I know I just applied for the United card for upcoming business travel, however, I'm interested in the CSP for everyday purchases in conjunction with my Freedom card...." The rep said, "yes, that's precisely the issue -- you just applied for the United card so there are too many recent inquiries and credit line." She put me on hold for about 5 minutes, came back to verify address and employment, then another long hold, then approval.

 

Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | United Mileage Plus Visa $8000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom Visa $4800 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum World MC $3500 | PayPal Extras MC $3250 | Amazon Store $3000 | Quicksilver One MC $2500 | Walmart Discover $2000 | Merrick Bank Visa $1400 | First Premier Bank $300
Last App 01/10/2014... In the Garden until Fall 2014
New Contributor
tinom1234
Posts: 96
Registered: ‎11-15-2008
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)


navigatethis12 wrote:

tinom1234 wrote:

Not sure...maybe it's because of the old BK I have or because my current Chase card was maxed for a long time before I completely paid it off in June....


I'm no analyst, but I would also say it's because of the bankruptcy. I wouldn't apply for any other Chase cards, because if you get approved, you may have to close it later to obtain a high enough limit for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I would say keep using and paying the Chase card you have now and when the bankruptcy is gone, apply again. You can try to increase the limits you have, but you definitely do not have to have a limit of 5000 before they will give it to you.


Thanks! Sounds like a solid plan to me. T minus 2 years, 2 months and the BK will be gone...

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
New Contributor
tinom1234
Posts: 96
Registered: ‎11-15-2008
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)


Home2014 wrote:

tinom1234 wrote:

Home2014 wrote:

I'm on pins and needles. GL!

 

I apped yesterday and got the same message. Gonna call around lunchtime EST.


 

Good luck!! Let us know!


Approved for $6K! 

 

I jumped in front of any reasons for denial by immediately going into why I wanted the card and stating, "I know I just applied for the United card for upcoming business travel, however, I'm interested in the CSP for everyday purchases in conjunction with my Freedom card...." The rep said, "yes, that's precisely the issue -- you just applied for the United card so there are too many recent inquiries and credit line." She put me on hold for about 5 minutes, came back to verify address and employment, then another long hold, then approval.

 


Congrats!!!

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
New Contributor
Home2014
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎07-10-2013
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)

Thanks! You may wan't to recon again and push back a little if you didn't before. Chase gave me my first high limit of $8000 when others were sub $5000. Perhaps highlight your intention with the card. Just my 2 cents.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | United Mileage Plus Visa $8000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom Visa $4800 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum World MC $3500 | PayPal Extras MC $3250 | Amazon Store $3000 | Quicksilver One MC $2500 | Walmart Discover $2000 | Merrick Bank Visa $1400 | First Premier Bank $300
Last App 01/10/2014... In the Garden until Fall 2014
Established Contributor
missjae
Posts: 522
Registered: ‎07-18-2013
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)

 


 

I wonder what factors chase takes when they decide for/against giving a CS/CSP to people with no 5K lines, since they definitely do occassionaly give them out to people with fairly low lines (i had 8600 across 5 cards, 3000 on my highest when i got approved for Sapphire)


 

I wonder the same thing.  When I was approved for the Sapphire, my highest CL was $3K and they gave me $5K, but wouldn't approve me for another card after that.

Frequent Contributor
Kozmo
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎07-08-2012
0

Re: Denied...I think (CSP)

Hmm I would recon once that Amex CL hits the credit report.

Just my opinion but the BK isn't why you were denied.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}