Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Juniper M/C

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Juniper M/C

applied yeserday for a Orbitz juniper card,  and was denied for the following reasons 

1. recently opened account
    just opened a Hooters M/C w $1000 CL......How long should i have waited?
2. High overall UTL...
    Have 2 cap 1 in closed/chargeoff status, waiting to hear back on PFD (i know they are probably wont do a PFD, but at least my UTL wont be so high now that they report limits)
3. High UTL on another credit card
    my secured BofA $500 Cl, balance is about $470

i think my score is Ok but how long should I wait to reapply?
TU 629

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Denied Juniper M/C

How many recent inquires do you have on your CR? From what I hear Barclay's/Juniper does not like too many  recent inquires and shy away from the applicants with too many recent inquires. Wait few months and apply again, you'll defenitely get it. I also hear that Juniper/Barclay's is very generous with Credit Limits.
Message 2 of 9
krayzi4u

Don't get discouraged...just wait patiently. I was denied by Juniper one year ago. I recently got a $1500 MC from Juniper on Sept. 15, 2007. I had to straighten up my credit for a year before they gave me a cc. Hopefully, it won't take that long for you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Everyone is generous with credit limits except when it's me applying. I got $500 from both Juniper Carnival Sea Miles and Hooters.

I am hoping for nice CLIs though.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 9
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Just got the denial letter from Jupiter as well, even after getting approved for the amex delta card (not activated yet) They said: Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank revolving or other revolving accounts Length of time accounts have been established Number of accounts with delinquency This is total bs I am wondering I can do some recon tomorrow and get approved we'll see. Sucks cuz I thought it was guaranteed being that TU has the highest score for me of around 650's.
Message 5 of 9
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I'm sorry about your denial Smiley Sad

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I'm sorry about your denial Smiley Sad

Just in case you didn't notice this thread is over 3 years old but it's nice of you to give your condolences.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 9
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

right.... lol

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 8 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

LOL!  Hmmmm, is someone thinking about applying for a Jupiter card?  Smiley Wink

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.