Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Letter

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Denied Letter

I got a denial letter and one of the reasons was "Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is to high" and " Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short." First I have a car loan with $5,500 balance and one personal loan $427 balance, does thatmean installment loans or CC ass well. My collection / CO, Collection was payed in Apr 2012, and the CO was payed in Jul 2013. Is that because I paid the CO on Jul 2013. Did that change thing on my file?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied Letter

@corymcd88 wrote:

I got a denial letter and one of the reasons was "Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is to high" and " Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short." First I have a car loan with $5,500 balance and one personal loan $427 balance, does thatmean installment loans or CC ass well. My collection / CO, Collection was payed in Apr 2012, and the CO was payed in Jul 2013. Is that because I paid the CO on Jul 2013. Did that change thing on my file?

Installment loans and its not the real reason for denial. On a site that gives me free FICO every month under why score is lowered is this saying for my installment loan and it says it all the way to a 0 balance before switching to "no recent installment loan experience on file".. Disregard it.  Time since is saying that you have a recent credit problem and they want it further back in your history, again this is not the main reason either.. Yes its most likely to the DOLA updating to the then current date...

Message 2 of 3
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Letter

You got denied due to collection. Your collection was setteled in July 2013. It hasn't been a year since the collection was settled. It's too recent.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.